• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wear it with pride. You're a student, and young, and the jacket is very fashionable right now. When you're a professional, you can worry about classic styling. Until then, this jacket is young and fresh.

@punit12 If you have the funds, and I mean if you are doing well with some great pt job/your parents will pay for it/you're selling your Ritalin prescriptions, you could go up a size and have it altered by a tailor. But, really only if you have money to blow on that. If you would have to give something else up, or feel worried about money, or ptherwise have to try to find the money in any way, just wear it as is. If it came down to alterations or beer, choosebeer. It's not perfect, but it's not awful, either. It's close enough for jazz.

As veremund says, the jacket is fashionable, and, if you find it a little tight, wear it unbuttoned.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
YOOX has a lot of suits in cool wool. What does this mean?

190g is very light for a suit fabric - roughly 7.5oz in alternative speak. Any lighter and it's a shirt!

I'd actually be interested to know how it drapes if you ever get any. I live in a year round hot climate and I'm always on the lookout for a good light cloth to give to the tailor.

Filipe

Reaction score

190g is very light for a suit fabric - roughly 7.5oz in alternative speak.  Any lighter and it's a shirt!

I'd actually be interested to know how it drapes if you ever get any.  I live in a year round hot climate and I'm always on the lookout for a good light cloth to give to the tailor.

I'm not buying it but YOOX has a lot of these suits. BTW, buttoned cuffs means that the jacket has functional buttons?

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
Quote:
I agree. If you are wearing that around the university and going out at night, you'll be fine. Once you get a job and need to dress professionally, you can worry about getting a perfect fit. While I do think the jacket is too short, young people such as yourself look a lot better in short jackets than oldies like me. It is indeed a good color.

DjangoV

Reaction score
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Wait a second... did I just post somthing on this forum that actually made some sense???
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Guess I'll have to stop by the shop tomorrow.

RetroFuture

Reaction score
Transitioning into more business suit attire, navy and grey suits.
I've been doing a lot of research into each shoe.

Grenson Stanley Brogue in Tan (aware it's made in India) is on sale for $200.
Allen Edmonds Strands in Walnut is nice too.

Which should I go for? Any other choices?
I don't need the best, just a good starter dress shoe that is versatile, more than decent quality and that won't break the bank.

Reaction score
So I have a 3 piece light grey suit that I love, and the color is perfect to go with medium brown shoes...But if i were to pair the suit with a white shirt and black tie, would the brown shoes and belt remain appropriate?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Transitioning into more business suit attire, navy and grey suits.
I've been doing a lot of research into each shoe.

Grenson Stanley Brogue in Tan (aware it's made in India) is on sale for $200.
Allen Edmonds Strands in Walnut is nice too.

Which should I go for? Any other choices?
I don't need the best, just a good starter dress shoe that is versatile, more than decent quality and that won't break the bank.

Get AE seconds or buy them used.

It's worth it to swing for the good stuff.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a 3 piece light grey suit that I love, and the color is perfect to go with medium brown shoes...But if i were to pair the suit with a white shirt and black tie, would the brown shoes and belt remain appropriate?

I think so, but I wouldn't call myself an authority on the subject. Depends where you live, and in what context you're wearing it, of course.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just realized that the sole and construction is meh. Cool uppers though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads