• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are the full priced item worth buying at mrporter.com?
I have some money to spend, but don't know what to buy
devil.gif

When do you ever?? I thought blind mad kopping was your thing
sly.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got a pair of Mabitex from b&s and they're pretty perfect for me. I understand they're no longer in business so my question is are Inxotex the same cut or at least very similar?

There are, unfortunately, no defined cuts by either maker. Well, maybe there is a bit. There are different lines of Incotex. Most Mabitex doesn't have a line name though I have some that are labeled different lines. Also, we don't know 100% that they're out of business, but it sounds like it's true.

Your best bet is to get someone to make a copy for you. I've owned dozens and handled literally hundreds of pairs by mabitex and incotex, and I haven't found exact corresponding fits in inco and mabi. But, I think it's nice to have some variety in fits.

Last edited:

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In which Ivy League school will I find a better chance of finding gentlemen still dressing in a "prep" look?

Also, is basing my decision to go to an ivy league grad school on sartorial criteria foolish? Note, I probably won't be accepted, but if I play my disadvantaged, mixed race card well and get some good gre scores, who knows--but I will only go if I can be preppy.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In which Ivy League school will I find a better chance of finding gentlemen still dressing in a "prep" look?
Also, is basing my decision to go to an ivy league grad school on sartorial criteria foolish? Note, I probably won't be accepted, but if I play my disadvantaged, mixed race card well and get some good gre scores, who knows--but I will only go if I can be preppy.

Princeton.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, is basing my decision to go to an ivy league grad school on sartorial criteria foolish?

Um, yes.

There may be a worse reason to choose a school, but I can't really think of one right now. You can wear whatever you wish regardless of your school. I might focus of the quality of the education/program a little bit.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, is basing my decision to go to an ivy league grad school on sartorial criteria foolish?

Um, yes.

There may be a worse reason to choose a school, but I can't really think of one right now. You can wear whatever you wish regardless of your school. I might focus of the quality of the education/program a little bit.

Eh, it's not in the sciences, so don't really care. I am one of those people who go to school for the opportunity to be a dandy, both intellectually and sartorially.

So, really, Princeton?

I need more fall backs though....

Jeff Costello

Reaction score
Does anybody have a guess as to what the width of Alain Delon's tie is in Le Samourai? I'm considering getting one like it eventually, it looks sharp. Keep in mind that this is a 1960s film, in an era of narrow ties, so this can't be that wide, but it looks like the wide end of what was common back then, which would probably work well today without looking too distinctly period.

Reaction score

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, yes.

There's a bad reason to apply to the top grad schools in the country if there's a shot of you getting in?

Eh, it's not in the sciences, so don't really care. I am one of those people who go to school for the opportunity to be a dandy, both intellectually and sartorially.
So, really, Princeton?
I need more fall backs though....

Dude. Ivy league. All Ivy league schools are populated by A) the offspring of the tremendously wealthy and/or B) the smartest broke kids in the country. You literally cannot go wrong. The rich ones all rub it in your face, and the poor ones all try to pass themselves off as just as rich as Cornelius Johnson (yes, those Johnsons) III of New Haven who came over on the Mayflower. You'll OD on tweed, nantucket reds and bow ties your first semester.

now go apply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads