• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't like a lot of bulk when I am wearing a suit. I don't carry a wallet for this reason only cash and a couple cards. The problem is you can see the wad of cash that I have protruding in my trouser pocket. I don't like anything in my jacket pockets and I have been carrying cash in my front pocket for years and don't want to change. What can I do? Can my tailor make an adjustment so my cash wad doesn't show through my trouser leg?

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like a lot of bulk when I am wearing a suit. I don't carry a wallet for this reason only cash and a couple cards. The problem is you can see the wad of cash that I have protruding in my trouser pocket. I don't like anything in my jacket pockets and I have been carrying cash in my front pocket for years and don't want to change. What can I do? Can my tailor make an adjustment so my cash wad doesn't show through my trouser leg?

Orvis rogue wallet

or

key pocket

or my favorite option:

Rick perry style fannypack. Need the 9 mili in there too though.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasnt really serious, I assumed it to be a printing error, but it says 2k for me:

Brioni
Striped Silk Tie, Orange/Brown
$2.000,00

I've heard that based on your spending habits some online stores will show a different price. Thats a bit extreme though.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've heard that based on your spending habits some online stores will show a different price. Thats a bit extreme though.

extreme ya... is it possible or even legal?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stop carrying so many singles and opt for the bigger bills

seriously
how much cash do you carry? a couple of 20's should be sufficient for any emergency cash-only needs + a few hundred dollar bills if you really want your bases covered

Last edited:

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stop carrying so many singles and opt for the bigger bills

seriously
how much cash do you carry? a couple of 20's should be sufficient for any emergency cash-only needs + a few hundred dollar bills if you really want your bases covered

So, you are teh poors I see.

JessyD

Reaction score
I want to order some Allen Edmonds from Endless (20% off for Valentines Day). I'm in Canada. What's the best way to save on brokerage ? Do I just order them directly (I think they use DHL) or should I send it to a friend in the US ? If I use the second option, what's the best way to send a pair of shoes to Canada ?

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to order some Allen Edmonds from Endless (20% off for Valentines Day). I'm in Canada. What's the best way to save on brokerage ? Do I just order them directly (I think they use DHL) or should I send it to a friend in the US ? If I use the second option, what's the best way to send a pair of shoes to Canada ?

friend

in a box. mark customs label "gift" with the price you paid for them. put a "sorry your chistmas present is late, I hope these make up for it" note on the outside.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate sitting on a bit, fat wallet. I carry a very thin credit card wallet that holds 3-4 cards, ID and has a magnetic money clip. It's super thin, but I carry it in my back pocket. I have found that carrying much of anything in your front pockets is going to show through.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it better to have a cheap MTM shirt or an expensive RTW shirt (both with about the equal prices)?

price is irrelevant. You want a good fabric and a good fit.

Materials and workmanship being the same:

Bad MTM (inexpert tailor) is just as likely to fit poorly as a well made RTW. Either way you'll have to get them altered to fit.

The main allure of MTM is you have more say in the finished product.

Say you want a two button spread collar with rounded french cuffs in a light yellow two ply twill. Likelihood of finding that RTW? fairly low. MTM? no problem. Equal prices, you're going to want MTM.

White, barrel cuff, fake MOP buttons in a 2 ply twill with a single button spread collar? Not hard to find. You may be able to afford a RTW shirt that is higher quality than a MTM shirt of equal price, and spend 20 bucks gettting it altered to a near perfect fit. For something like that RTW is a far better option.

Really depends on what you want. Sorry if that wasn't much help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads