• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

are your moleskin trousers covered with animal hair ?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was about to buy a pair of Barry Bricken moleskin trousers on STP last night, and then the wife said they "would be covered with animal hair". we have two cats and two long-haired dogs (golden retrievers).

to those of you pet owners, is it true ?

are moleskin trousers irresistible to pet hair ?
more so than other fabrics ?

well-kept

Reaction score
Perhaps she was thinking they're made from the hides of small rodents. If you have shedding cats the only thing you can wear is Saran Wrap. Otherwise your moleskin pants will be accented by cat hair. I have two dogs, one of whom sheds. I love her. What's left to say.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30 seconds with a fabric brush does wonders. I live with 4 dogs and 2 cats. No problems here. Something like this: Around $4 at fabric stores.

kali77

Reaction score
I have a white and pinto Akita that sheds non stop. To me it doesen't matter what the faric is, I have to use a lint brush regularly. I would say if you like them get a lint brush and go for it.

mendel

Reaction score
493107196_1e5fee6f08_m.jpg

+
180px-Close-up_of_mole.jpg

+
21TBV9C3G2L._AA280_.jpg

=
100px-Thumbs_up.jpg

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice work. i am impressed by the answers to my questions. you guys are the best.

i have the lint roller, you bet of course. these dogs were not born yesterday. but we have "seen" (i put in quotes because maybe we're nuts?) a difference among fabrics. some are more pet hair magnetic than others? denim for example i never get a lot pet hair on jeans. flannels yes, denim no.

maybe i will score the moleskin in a golden retriever color and worry about pet hair later ...

wiru

Reaction score
this is a dangerous road to travel. you might end up like my mother, whose entire wardrobe is the same color as her dog.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
this is a dangerous road to travel. you might end up like my mother, whose entire wardrobe is the same color as her dog.

I hope the dogs isn't a Dalmatian.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
nice work. i am impressed by the answers to my questions. you guys are the best.

i have the lint roller, you bet of course. these dogs were not born yesterday. but we have "seen" (i put in quotes because maybe we're nuts?) a difference among fabrics. some are more pet hair magnetic than others? denim for example i never get a lot pet hair on jeans. flannels yes, denim no.

maybe i will score the moleskin in a golden retriever color and worry about pet hair later ...

Well I guess the general rule might be that if the fabric has "hair" or anything where pet hair and other particles might be trapped, then it is more liable to do so. These fabrics would be corduroy, tweeds, velvet, and probably moleskin, depending on the type. Does that make sense? Just a theory.

well-kept

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru

The same color because it's all coated in dog hair?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grew up with a short-haired vorsteher - a German pointer. She was put down 20 years ago, and those needle-like inch-long hairs still crop up everywhere.
tikka.jpg

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey

You are right.

I had to get rid of a navy suit because it was a lint magnet... any dust, lint or animal hair in the proximity was sucked into this black hole...

I loved the suit but I just gave it to charity. No time to be rolling the lint-remover over me every morning ....

tgfny

Reaction score
I hunt in Africa in moleskin in the winter and it is slightly more susceptible to hair, but it's not a big thing.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I hope the dogs isn't a Dalmatian.

Or you can get a pair Peruvian hairless dogs instead... they are ugly as hell .... but hey, no hairs !

peruvianincaorchid.jpg

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
The same color because it's all coated in dog hair?

the hair doesn't show if the fabric is a similar color to the hair. the point is, i vote for obstinate and constant hair removal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads