• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I find this all both humorous and disheartening. Humorous because I think "shoe guys" can be the most insufferable people on here and I like to see them get a comeuppance, and disheartening for the obvious reasons.

Also, I just wanted to say that I find it tremendously unattractive when one seller bashes or talks negatively about another. If you are selling shoes, you should not be saying negative things in public about others who do, unless they have done anything to slight you in particular or unless you feel the need to apprise the public of shady stuff that people aren't already aware of.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am going to buy up all remaining pairs of these, scrawl on the side in tipp-ex "these are not hand welted" and sell them for $2000 a pair. styleforum legends, for the man who has everything including a pink cashmere attolini tie.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are mine hand welted? You will observe the bumps and stitching along the insoles.

8A324F31-1B27-4FB9-AF0A-C1846ECFD290.jpeg

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
It all comes down to if something is too good the be true, it ain't.

But honestly, if you look at the price of Enzo Bonafe and Vass (both have healthy or unhealthy discounts almost everywhere), I don’t know why AoL could be considered “too good (value for money)” in 2020 and 2021.

Whenever I see how they advertised their shoes as handwelted and “finger-stitched”, and accidentally ended up in this PR disaster, I feel bad for them...

Attachments

• 1CCD31FB-0641-4C23-8DCF-52AE9EDA4AFE.jpeg
    1CCD31FB-0641-4C23-8DCF-52AE9EDA4AFE.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 97

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
A particularly cocky shoemaker I know (@clee1982 you know who), after knowing the incident, said:

“sure their shoes are handwelted, yes, but then just hand-glued” ?‍♂️

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But honestly, if you look at the price of Enzo Bonafe and Vass (both have healthy or unhealthy discounts almost everywhere), I don’t know why AoL could be considered “too good (value for money)” in 2020 and 2021.

Whenever I see how they advertised their shoes as handwelted and “finger-stitched”, and accidentally ended up in this PR disaster, I feel bad for them...
The price was competitive with Vass and just a little less than EB and the new Asian HW makers at full price - the naked price brought it pretty close to in line with the 2020/21 Vass sales. Definitely wasn’t at the level so low of wondering “how is this so inexpensive - what a deal” and were still more than meermin’s linea maestro line I think?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price was competitive with Vass and just a little less than EB and the new Asian HW makers at full price - the naked price brought it pretty close to in line with the 2020/21 Vass sales. Definitely wasn’t at the level so low of wondering “how is this so inexpensive - what a deal” and were still more than meermin’s linea maestro line I think?

Hungary (Vass) and China have much cheaper labor than Italy.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics