• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC price increase??

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda
You only take into account one point here. There is a lot more to a pair of jeans than just the denim.
I think I wrote somewhere else why in my opinion Samurais were overrated jeans. I think APC offer a better product than Samurai, and that comes from someone who (write this down!) currently owns jeans from Sugar Cane, Studio d'Artisan, Evisu, Kapital, 45RPM, Samurai, Pure Blue and Omnigod.
If you only focus on the quality of materials, you'll only understand a part of fashion, and I mean fashion in the broadest possible sense.
This is why, if things haven't changed, a lot of people on superfuture end looking like **** even though they are convinced they buy the best possible products.

awesome post, please post more

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
because some people don't care how they look at all and just want some expensive details

whatever reminds me of mc dudes like paolom who would buy expensive brioni jackets on deep clearance and brag about the quality when they look like utter garbage while worn

but hey my fabric is so nice!
lol8[1].gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
whatever reminds me of mc dudes like paolom who would be expensive brioni jackets on deep clearance and brag about the quality when they look like utter garbage while worn but hey my fabric is so nice!
lol8[1].gif

totally. i would do that for sure.
smile.gif

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda
If you only focus on the quality of materials, you'll only understand a part of fashion, and I mean fashion in the broadest possible sense.
This is why, if things haven't changed, a lot of people on superfuture end looking like **** even though they are convinced they buy the best possible products.

This is very true. Whenever I look at their WYWT pics, it seems like a lot of them buy the best possible stand-alone pieces (read: whatever is trendy at the time) without taking into consideration how might that particular piece integrate with their overall wardrobe and style aesthetic. Eventually they end up with a huge expensive wardrobe with a lot of things that simply don't mesh together properly.

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Those bitching about the APC cost increase seem to be falling into the same trap as those who bitched about the controversial Roy increase when SE began to carry Roy. Regardless of WHY APC increased the price of the jeans, the fact is that they REMAIN a reasonable buy even at $175 (even though I would probably go with something like 3sixteen or Crate, given the choice at that pricepoint). When they were at $105 the APCs were an outright STEAL. Doesn't mean that they are a rip-off now. If the APC cuts fit your physique, then you are still getting a relatively high quality jean.

As far as the "quality" argument between APC and the artisan Japanese brands, there is no really wrong opinion. It depends on whether one places a greater emphasis on construction/materials versus fit. Frankly, I like the fit of my APC NS more than that of my PBJ 007s, but the denim and craftsmanship of the PBJs is appreciably higher (as is the price). To each his own, as long as one is ultimately happy with their look.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
just to clarify, they are now 175.00 not 185.00. this increase was just announced last week.

thanks. so this thread was started for a $10 increase, is that right people? they were $165 and are now $175. good thread!
facepalm.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
because some people don't care how they look at all and just want some expensive details

Then again, not everybody fits well in APCs. If you have a bigger thighs or a bigger frame, wider cuts than what APCs offer will generally look better on you.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny were talking about an increase in apcs when "premium denim" has gone up across the board. I don't remember any of them being above the $300 mark when Japanese jeans first came here in 06? Now it's standard for over 300. Look at that styleforum colab....

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
It's funny were talking about an increase in apcs when "premium denim" has gone up across the board. I don't remember any of them being above the $300 mark when Japanese jeans first came here in 06? Now it's standard for over 300. Look at that styleforum colab....

Good point. Pretty sure the price went up on most, if not all, the jeans at BiG recently. The PBJ xx-011, for example, was $265 last May. It was bumped up to $285 a couple of months ago.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
it just means you dont know anything about denim ... at least that is what it says to me. you people in this thread crack me up!

i dont know ... ive never handled a pair of diors.

no im not. i dont own any dior, aw or 316s.

Making qualitative (and subjective) comments about jeans you've never owned or seen in person? Good going dumbass.

Here's a primer just in case you've never seen APC's either. They are reasonably priced, they occupy a happy medium between fashion and quality, they fit better than their competitors.

here jet write this down for future reference. i CURRENTLY own: sda, warehouse, fullcount, pbj X 2, samurai X2 and have eternal 811s on the way. now if he mentioned any of the ones i have then i would be pissed!
smile.gif

Oh well, that explains a lot. So when people mistake your $350 jeans for 501's I'm sure you can take great pride in discussing peek-a-boo selvage , Zimbabwean cotton and donut buttons
thumbs-up.gif

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit is good, quality is just lolzy for the price
gap quality really, denim is nothing special, would rather just go the extra mile and buy some diors or something vs paying close to 200 for apc, lol. pretty big rip off at that price point

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Making qualitative (and subjective) comments about jeans you've never owned or seen in person? Good going dumbass. Here's a primer just in case you've never seen APC's either. They are reasonably priced, they occupy a happy medium between fashion and quality, they fit better than their competitors. Oh well, that explains a lot. So when people mistake your $350 jeans for 501's I'm sure you can take great pride in discussing peek-a-boo selvage , Zimbabwean cotton and donut buttons
thumbs-up.gif

yes
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads