• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC price increase??

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PC jeans are not for denim nerds, but I like them - if you're built for fashionable jeans, then either the PS or the NS suit you. Sizing and modulating the final stretch and the shrink per wash is an art, but i have 3 year old NS's with a beautiful fade and a really swaggy fit that makes people stare.
Price increase? Well, time goes on, **** gets more expensive. The RMB is really strong the past couple years so it's no surprise.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
it just means you dont know anything about denim ... at least that is what it says to me. you people in this thread crack me up!

somebody's mad his beloved denim brands are being **** upon

lol8[1].gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by C-Note
What exactly are you getting at? Because I don't think quality is what brings people back to APCs...

You're right, it's the fit. People whom APCs fit well will swear by them over anything else, and APC does fit certain people really well. Nothing wrong with that.

Denimheads tend to favor higher end Japanese brands over APCs, though, because the construction quality and details on those are a lot nicer. People with bigger frames tend not to gravitate to APC either, from what I've seen. APC is definitely a brand that fits slimmer builds better.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
somebody's mad his beloved denim brands are being **** upon
lol8[1].gif

no im not. i dont own any dior, aw or 316s. but i do know if he prefers apc's to the others he's not the sharpest tool in the shed ... but maybe thats me. im not mad at all jet ... just making a comment. here jet write this down for future reference. i CURRENTLY own: sda, warehouse, fullcount, pbj X 2, samurai X2 and have eternal 811s on the way. now if he mentioned any of the ones i have then i would be pissed!
smile.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no im not. i dont own any dior or aw. but i do know if he prefers the fit to apc's to the others he's not the sharpest tool in the shed ... but maybe that me.

im not made at all jet ... just making a comment.

Maybe APCs fit him better than the Diors do. Everybody fits better in certain things than others.

steezin

Reaction score
If apcs were originally $200 people would call them a good deal, no one says **** about brands like dior making under par quality jeans and them selling for a **** load because of the branding/fit and now the same is beginning to apply to apc, plus inflation etc. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
To be fair, I'm not sure that the Dior denim is any better.

its not ... crazy price on them too but stacking is very nice on them. i like the black diors. i never really saw the huge difference between MII and MIJ even though MIJ gets all the love on here and sufu

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Eh, I like my APCs, although I never really handled anything better, but I'm not a denimhead so I'm fine with that. The only thing is that I wish the jeans were longer. I'm only 5'11'' but I have no stacks at all.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Maybe APCs fit him better than the Diors do. Everybody fits better in certain things than others.

And that's one of the reasons why people wear APCs and are willing to put up with price increases even though the denim isn't Zimbabwean cotton or hand dyed with natural indigo. Why is it so hard for a certain someone to accept this?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
And that's one of the reasons why people wear APCs and are willing to put up with price increases even though the denim isn't Zimbabwean cotton or hand dyed with natural indigo. Why is it so hard for a certain someone to accept this?

because some people don't care how they look at all and just want some expensive details

Pangolin

Reaction score
it just means you dont know anything about denim ... at least that is what it says to me. you people in this thread crack me up!
You only take into account one point here. There is a lot more to a pair of jeans than just the denim. I think I wrote somewhere else why in my opinion Samurais were overrated jeans. I think APC offer a better product than Samurai, and that comes from someone who (write this down!) currently owns jeans from Sugar Cane, Studio d'Artisan, Evisu, Kapital, 45RPM, Samurai, Pure Blue and Omnigod. If you only focus on the quality of materials, you'll only understand a part of fashion, and I mean fashion in the broadest possible sense. This is why, if things haven't changed, a lot of people on superfuture end looking like **** even though they are convinced they buy the best possible products.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads