• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC price increase??

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
octopanda and fuji spot on

there's a reason why people come back to apc after all that other nonsense

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Can't argue with the fit or quality of APC denim. My NS are 3 years old and will continue to get regular wear. That said, the quality of the denim of my PBJs blows APC out of the water, and I am not an expert denimhead by any means. Like everything else, I suppose it comes down to how one values these types of things.

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
do you actually know anything about APC's manufacturing practices or do you just equate everything that's made in china?

The fact that they are outsourcing the work to the Chinese for probably very cheap is why I am surprised by the price increase.

Take the stick out of your ass.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
The fact that they are outsourcing the work to the Chinese for probably very cheap is why I am surprised by the price increase. Take the stick out of your ass.
you know they were made in Macau before, right? nothing has really changed. still China.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that today.. i have kmw, lvc, corpus... etc. and i love my NS's the most.. i picked up a pair of black ones a couple of years ago for 120, the thin denim is somehow nicer then the thick **** they put out now.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
my first pair of raw denim jeans were APC New Standards like 4-5 years ago. Since then, I sold them and moved on to other brands, like LVC, Skulls, MF, Roy, etc. But guess what? My next pair of jeans are going to be another pair of APC's. i should never have sold them. there's something about a pair of APC's that just does it for me. after owning a few nicer, more expensive japanese denim jeans, the $175-185 price is fine for a pair of no-nonsense jeans.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
They're actually raising them to $185, not sure why they're at $175 right now.
Chinese made denim, cut and sewn in Macau (glorified Chinese factories).
I guess people love being blind.

Simple math, dummy. Can't get from 165 to 185 without going through 175.
smile.gif

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
my first pair of raw denim jeans were APC New Standards like 4-5 years ago. Since then, I sold them and moved on to other brands, like LVC, Skulls, MF, Roy, etc.

facepalm.gif

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've owned Dior, 3sixteen, Ande Whall... and all since have been sold.

I have owned 3 pairs of APC. That says something, price increase or not.

C-Note

Reaction score
What exactly are you getting at? Because I don't think quality is what brings people back to APCs...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
I've owned Dior, 3sixteen, Ande Whall... and all since have been sold.

I have owned 3 pairs of APC. That says something, price increase or not.

it just means you dont know anything about denim ... at least that is what it says to me. you people in this thread crack me up!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
my first pair of raw denim jeans were APC New Standards like 4-5 years ago. Since then, I sold them and moved on to other brands, like LVC, Skulls, MF, Roy, etc. But guess what? My next pair of jeans are going to be another pair of APC's. i should never have sold them. there's something about a pair of APC's that just does it for me. after owning a few nicer, more expensive japanese denim jeans, the $175-185 price is fine for a pair of no-nonsense jeans.
thats great. if this is true you should buy two pairs to have one for the road ... especially since apc is likely to + their jeans next year by $10 +/- and you want to avoid that increase i would think, right?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads