• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Tequila Jay, I'll check them out sometime! Can anyone else comment on Eddies or make any other recommendations? Also, at the guys at Eddies really that good/experienced? One thing that I saw on their website that makes me more hesitant is they recommend black or navy for a first suit, but I always thought black was a poor choice eg. compared to charcoal because it is too formal and less versatile, esp. for a work setting.

The guys over at Eddie's have somewhat eccentric tastes - I'd get a Samuelsohn MTM suit from them, but I wouldn't let them influence my design/fabric decisions to much. I have a RTW Samuelsohn suit and they are fantastic quality (full canvas.) You won't find anything better in Edmonton for that price. Harry Rosen also does Samuelsohn MTM.

Another option which you should seriously consider is going to John the Tailor in the Edmonton City Centre and looking at a bespoke suit if you can up your budget by a few hundred bucks. I commissioned a bespoke suit from him a few years back for $1,400. The suits are actually made by a small outfit called G. Tonino in Montreal who only do bespoke - John will take the measurements, pass them on to G. Tonino, John will then receive the half-complete jacket for an additional fitting, and make any final adjustments when the finished product arrives. I was thoroughly impressed by the finished product. Before I took the plunge, I had an AAAC member from Montreal check out G. Tonino and see if their operations were up to snuff - see the thread below.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/...eal-Tailor-G.-Tonino-Anyone-familiar-with-him

Last edited:

omair

Reaction score
Just a bump on this thread - has anyone heard of The Helm Clothing? Apparently it's a store that opened up downtown that carries brands like LBM, RLX, Magnanni, etc - I stumbled upon their website recently.

Unregistered

Reaction score
I'd like to bring this thread back up... our get togethers seem to have died out, but maybe we can get something started again.

Out of all the cities in Canada, we've been the most active and maybe even numerous... let's bring that back!

I propose a dinner some time. I know we were trying to get a informal dinner club started before, but that failed to materialize...

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I was still in Edmonton as I'd happily help in the revival of our old crew.

Any snow this morning gents?

Unregistered

Reaction score
Oddly it has warmed up to ~16°...

Miss you man. Those were fun times we had at our get togethers!

Hope things are going well for you over there

Last edited:

LeviMay

Reaction score
Was there a Forvmite on Global Edmonton being interviewed by Mike Sobel this morning? Real bowtie, great tweed jacket, and yellow trou... Not the attire of your average Edmontonian.

Last edited:

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss Edmonton a lot. It's good to hear from you guys again!

Unregistered

Reaction score
May I propose a dinner April 24 (Thursday) evening?

Location and time to be decided, depending on availability.

We've had successful dinners before at Niche and Wildflower. Other good places may be Vivo, XIX, or Corso (doubt we can get a larger group though).

Anyone?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

May I propose a dinner April 24 (Thursday) evening?

Location and time to be decided, depending on availability.

We've had successful dinners before at Niche and Wildflower. Other good places may be Vivo, XIX, or Corso (doubt we can get a larger group though).

Anyone?

Dawww, I feel so foreign and out-of-touch with my old stomping grounds - I've never heard of Vivo or XIX. I'll admit they both sound pretentious but even if the food were as terrible as the names it would still likely be better than almost everything one province to the "right".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads