• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

div25sec9

Reaction score

First thing I saw going into Edmonton last year
325726_10150310391022620_518567619_8195152_1314729611_o.jpg

had me worried about the rest of it

...this on the northside I'm gathering? What religion (i'm assuming religious building on this) is it?

What's the meet-up like? I think it would cool but am afriad of being critiqued. ..and feeling awkward if someone is like "I donated a suit just like that to goodwill last month" ....:embar:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...this on the northside I'm gathering? What religion (i'm assuming religious building on this) is it?
What's the meet-up like? I think it would cool but am afriad of being critiqued. ..and feeling awkward if someone is like "I donated a suit just like that to goodwill last month" ....:embar:

No, no, nothing like that. It's just drinks/food/good chatting. We talk about clothes, sure, but it's not the end-all of the meet-up.

Reaction score
There is a place on 124st and about 104 ave. It is called hongkong tailors. Its pretty expensive though, they wanted 130 bux to fix a hole in my suit pant on the seat the size of a toonie. I declined so I don't know the quality of their work. As far as I know they are one of the only places in the city that has the machine that does invisible mending.

SuitMyself

Reaction score

There is a place on 124st and about 104 ave. It is called hongkong tailors. Its pretty expensive though, they wanted 130 bux to fix a hole in my suit pant on the seat the size of a toonie. I declined so I don't know the quality of their work. As far as I know they are one of the only places in the city that has the machine that does invisible mending.

Thank you for the name of the place. But isn't invisible mending done entirely by hand and, hence, the high costs? I don't think it's done by machine.

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the tailor in the same block as Captain Scott's Fish & Chips (13240 118 Ave).
I've had tremendous luck there.
There also used to be a tailor (10 years ago) in the Hys Centre, near the Royal Alex Hospital.
I'd be interested to hear back if you have any success with these.
Michael

Kliftwy

Reaction score
Hello Edmontonians! Any life left in this thread? I'm in Edmonton for the next while and was wondering if i could get any recommendations on where/how i could buy a good suit? I'm quite short so I'd want made-to-measure since off the rack suits don't fit well, and for price I'm thinking ~$1200 or less.

I did some searching and read through most of this thread and it doesn't seem Edmonton has much to offer, so I wouldn't mind buying from a company located elsewhere and/or waiting for a high turnover time but I wouldn't want to have to self-measure since I don't know anything about clothes. I know harry rosen for instance does made-to-measure but I think I read that the quality wasn't worth the price. I'm just hoping to get a properly fitting, good quality (eg not fused from what I read in styleforum 101) and classically styled suit for decent value.

Also if any of you want to organize another edmonton SF meeting I might be up for it, but be warned I'm not really at all a stylish person haha.

Tequila Jay

Reaction score
Kliftwy - Check out Eddies men's wear on Calgary Trail near 52 ave. They have a decent selection around the $1000 mark, and they do a great job when it comes to measuring and fitting suits.

Kliftwy

Reaction score
Thanks Tequila Jay, I'll check them out sometime! Can anyone else comment on Eddies or make any other recommendations? Also, at the guys at Eddies really that good/experienced? One thing that I saw on their website that makes me more hesitant is they recommend black or navy for a first suit, but I always thought black was a poor choice eg. compared to charcoal because it is too formal and less versatile, esp. for a work setting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads