• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any idea what kind of boots these are?

BlvdDandy

Reaction score
The ones with the pink laces, naturally. I've been trying to find something similar but with no luck.

IMG_1551.jpg

kevinnnn

Reaction score
Toe style, lace-to-toe, and ankle height make me think it's an old hiking boot. Sorry if you already knew that and wanted specifics.

todot62

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlvdDandy
Vasque seems to have a sort of modern but classic take, but I'm still hoping someone if manufacturing something that looks like this.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

You are correct.
smile.gif
They are a pair of old Vasque Skywalkers, and great hiking boots. I have a pair in a size 8.5 that fit closer to an 8. I would be willing to sell them for cheap, if that's your size. JLMK. In current production, the Vasque Sundowner and the Danner Mountain Light II kind of have the same look. Also Frye and Zamberlan both have a full leather hiker. It's getting harder and harder to find a full leather, goodyear welted hiker.

Tod

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alico still makes a Norwegian welt one-piece boot in brown, still made in Italy. Lacing is different, they all have external d-ring lacing instead of holes, which may be a deal breaker, but the overall feel seems similar. Sierra Trading Company has a few pairs in varying "weights." I think the Tahoe comes closest.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinnnn
Toe style, lace-to-toe, and ankle height make me think it's an old hiking boot. Sorry if you already knew that and wanted specifics.

+1. Either hiking boots or boat shoes for sure.

enigma77

Reaction score
I've heard that Vasque's current production of the Sundowner and other boots (outsourced, I think?) is poor quality... No first-hand experience though. But I've heard it from several places.

todot62

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Alico still makes a Norwegian welt one-piece boot in brown, still made in Italy. Lacing is different, they all have external d-ring lacing instead of holes, which may be a deal breaker, but the overall feel seems similar. Sierra Trading Company has a few pairs in varying "weights." I think the Tahoe comes closest.

Those Alico boots look nice, and at a good price. I have an old pair of one piece leather Scarpas that are priceless to me. They look similar to that Tahoe boot, but Scarpa no longer makes it.

todot62

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
I've heard that Vasque's current production of the Sundowner and other boots (outsourced, I think?) is poor quality... No first-hand experience though. But I've heard it from several places.

i don't know about the quality, but I think Vasque is owned by Red Wing and are supposedly still made in Italy.

RAM1988

Reaction score
Also...

anyone know what these boots are? Or, closest thing available? All Saints makes some military-centric boots, but they are pretty deconstructed and I'm looking for something a bit more classic.

2vjvh2r.jpg

I posted this in the small questions forum but with one exception (i.e., wolverine) didn't get much feedback.. hoping to score a little more luck this time. thanks!

Ryan

RAM1988

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashenwreck
^Gordon Rush? These look pretty close: http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/produc...id=performics2

My MAN! No idea how happy I am. For whatever reason, i think these boots are badass but couldn't find any info on em, and gilt was not of any help. didn't think I was gonna get any responses, but glad I posted it again. I thank you very, very much. even if I am going to be 420+ dollars poorer now haha.

Cheers,
Ryan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads