• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
I did not say that the prices came up because of a quality increase and we are in agreement about the extra demand impact on prices. However, in spite of the price increase, they always seem to deliver, which, in comparison to some who charge the same or more, is not always the case. Call it what you want, but that is a very important fact.

Last edited:

jfrater

Reaction score
For anyone interested: Liverano shirts (available at the Armory) are a little on the slim side compared to Borrelli royal collection and a little more generous than Barba gold label. Fabrics are amazing and the hand sewing is everywhere. I get the feeling from comparing them with my other shirts that they might be using Borrelli to make them - lots of similarities.

And as an aside - the Liverano scarves are made by 19 Andrea's 47 (available from Exquisite Trimmings). I have both and they are identical fabric weaves and have the same manufacturing tag (though obviously Liverano's has their tag on it too). Amazing hand feel.

gusvs

Reaction score

For anyone interested: Liverano shirts (available at the Armory) are a little on the slim side compared to Borrelli royal collection and a little more generous than Barba gold label. Fabrics are amazing and the hand sewing is everywhere. I get the feeling from comparing them with my other shirts that they might be using Borrelli to make them - lots of similarities.

And as an aside - the Liverano scarves are made by 19 Andrea's 47 (available from Exquisite Trimmings). I have both and they are identical fabric weaves and have the same manufacturing tag (though obviously Liverano's has their tag on it too). Amazing hand feel.

The shirts are not made by Borrelli, it's another maker they use.

As for the scarfs: they have scarfs made by Andrea's1947 and then they have scarfs made by another maker, with their own designs (like the donut scarfs they had a couple of seasons ago).

jfrater

Reaction score

The shirts are not made by Borrelli, it's another maker they use.

As for the scarfs: they have scarfs made by Andrea's1947 and then they have scarfs made by another maker, with their own designs (like the donut scarfs they had a couple of seasons ago).

I have the doughnut scarf and it has an identical fabric label to the Andrea's lollipops scarf.

By any chance do you know who makes the Liverano shirts?

gusvs

Reaction score

I have the doughnut scarf and it has an identical fabric label to the Andrea's lollipops scarf.

By any chance do you know who makes the Liverano shirts?

Ok, then probably Andrea's makes those scarves too, interesting.

Sorry, don't know the name of the maker of the shirts.

JeffArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, so ignoring most everything AY says, Liverano will be back in town at our NYC location the 29th - 31st. For any questions or appointments, you can shoot me a PM, email us at nyc (at) thearmoury (dot) com, or call us at 646.613.7613.

I put up a quick post of his garments in various fitting stages if anyone's interested, here. Also, you can always feel free to stop by just to chat if you're interested, although this week in NY seems like it's not going to be a fun one.

Below, one of the cooler details I've seen in my short career of working in this industry.

Jeff

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's wrong with his pants? The style seems appropriate for his age.

Too. Short. They are too short.

That amount for shortness is acceptable for no one.

space

space

space

space

I'm also not a fan of the excessive taper/tightness. But the shortness is just wrong. Too much blogs.

Love,
Archetypal_yuppie

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have no idea who makes the scarves, but in general that two things are made from the same fabric does not imply that they are from the same maker.

jedwards

Reaction score

What's wrong with his pants? The style seems appropriate for his age.

To be fair, I think there is a stylistic difference between Europeans and Americans, Americans who seem to prefer their shoes drowning in cloth.
I see nothing wrong with the trouser length above.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be fair, I think there is a stylistic difference between Europeans and Americans, Americans who seem to prefer their shoes drowning in cloth.
I see nothing wrong with the trouser length above.

Lets not pretend that the only alternative to showing your ankle and half of your lower leg is having your shoes drowning in cloth.

The shortypants thing is a new (and awful) phenomena on either side of the pond. Looks like the offender outgrew his suit.

Last edited:

jfrater

Reaction score

I have no idea who makes the scarves, but in general that two things are made from the same fabric does not imply that they are from the same maker.

You are right of course - but Andreas claim to fame is their antique machine that weaves their exclusive fabric

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr. Dylan Sebastian