• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ancient shoes

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You would put on your freshly pressed bespoke suit, laundered shirts, crisp linen PS....and then these? And feel right about it? Seriously...

NSoRj.jpg

Those look great and it's not like I care about royalty...

They'd look better in a casual outfit like I wear but still look ok because its just a closeup of the shoes and pant's hem.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
What do you mean, 'low'? They look just about right.

I never understood why some makers use high heels. G&G shoe specifically have high canted heels for RTW as well as bespoke.

That heel is not going to accomodate a beveled waist but rightly said, I was actually using G&G as my reference point for heels. But not to say that they are wrong. They look flatter to me, very similar to say the unlined single sole Alden chukka.

BBC

Reaction score
^^ That's pretty amazing.

Here's another pair - just needs a shot of Lexol
$(KGrHqYOKjYE2OF44R,TBNt,V+Vh0!~~0_3.JPG

Here's a pair of ancient Brooks Brothers shoes
$(KGrHqQOKioE1571U3iDBNt,eV,yjQ~~0_3.JPG

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
patina to me only looks good on brown shoes. Furthermore, these go beyond patina into shabby. Its like wearing a suit with threadbare elbows or pants with fraying pockets. It just looks sloppy to me.

Now a pair of work boats or chukkas or something with significant wear and an old pair of jeans is a look I can get behind.

A suit to me is just too crisp to be paired with such worn footwear.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The only problem apart from wear and tear is that the left foot has footbed imprint that makes it impossible to wear. Any suggestion as to how to cure the problem? The soles are very unworn and oak bark tanned. They cannot be simply resoled because the sole attachment is by elaborate bespoke hand stitching according to my cobbler.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all the talk about "spezzatura" - I'm surprised so many people are up in arms about the HRH's shoes. Has a certain charm to it (i.e. typical older gentlemen who doesn't give a ****) :slayer:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only problem apart from wear and tear is that the left foot has footbed imprint that makes it impossible to wear. Any suggestion as to how to cure the problem? The soles are very unworn and oak bark tanned. They cannot be simply resoled because the sole attachment is by elaborate bespoke hand stitching according to my cobbler.
They are beautiful. Are you going to clean them up or leave them as is? I think I'd be tempted to do nothing more than brush and condition before I went any further. The finish looks pretty swell under there to me.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Reaction score
An old thread, but I came across the pictures of HRH's shoes and I looked them up on SF.

I love them! Maybe some of the members who were critical are not aware of this, but owning and wearing worn articles of clothing is a hallmark of not only royalty, but is a trait of old money in America as well. Nouveau rich are thought to be too flashy and perfection oriented. People of breeding often wear jewelry, watches, and maybe shoes that are heirlooms or otherwise have a history.

It adds flavor to otherwise sterile and clinical formalwear.

I'm not saying for sure that this is the reason HRH wears his shoes like this, but it's not surprising.

M.Photog

Reaction score
I have come to a new understanding of HRH in recent years. And i am in total agreement with you about the nouveau rich. Sadly it has filtered into the rest of society as well. New is not always better, and money alone does not buy style. One day at work i realized that the boots i was wearing were older than the new guy who had just joined our department.

You might enjoy this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...e-makings-of-a-patchwork-Prince-of-Wales.html

emptym

Reaction score
^That was great. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads