• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

billabong

Reaction score
I see that someone sell AE shoes in B&S forum with lower price than retail price on website. Just wondering is this reliable? It seems not secondhand shoes from shoebank of AE.
I'm wondering buy AE shoes from B&S or from shoebank

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see that someone sell AE shoes in B&S forum with lower price than retail price on website. Just wondering is this reliable? It seems not secondhand shoes from shoebank of AE.
I'm wondering buy AE shoes from B&S or from shoebank
I used that seller's services once a while back and everything went smoothly; if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just wait for a sale and order directly from Allen Edmonds... mostly for the MTO options frequently referenced in this thread.

What exactly do you mean with the part above in bold? Shoebank does not sell anything secondhand. "Seconds" means instead that the shoes for some reason failed a final step of their quality control and could not be sold as first-quality merchandise. Often as not there's no visible flaw, but sometimes there's something that the buyer finds unacceptable, in which case (I've heard) there's a $10 restocking fee to send 'em back. It's usually worth the gamble.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sharky!

billabong

Reaction score
I used that seller's services once a while back and everything went smoothly; if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just wait for a sale and order directly from Allen Edmonds... mostly for the MTO options frequently referenced in this thread.

What exactly do you mean with the part above in bold? Shoebank does not sell anything secondhand. "Seconds" means instead that the shoes for some reason failed a final step of their quality control and could not be sold as first-quality merchandise. Often as not there's no visible flaw, but sometimes there's something that the buyer finds unacceptable, in which case (I've heard) there's a $10 restocking fee to send 'em back. It's usually worth the gamble.

First of all, thank you. Sorry I'm a newbie here so I may have some strange questions.
Actually I ordered brand new Fifth Avenue and for the next purchase I'm wondering buying from shoebank or some seller in B&S? Or I should wait for the next sale of AE or Nordstrom? The problem is that I'm not in US so I must use some route service, and when I receive shoes, if there's any problems, it would be so hard to return back to US for customer service.

Next purchase should be Strand Avenue in walnut, I love them :D

AdamAdam

Reaction score
What about saddle brown? A la Vernon?

Looks promising. I guess I'd have to see it in person.

What about bourbon. Shade varies. I find it to be a good mid point between walnut and dark brown. I have a couple of pairs and like the color quite a bit.
I don't love the bourbon. It's not a bad color but is a little bland IMO. That antique brown color pops with a navy suit.

Look at the brown (not distressed) ashbury's... I think it is the shade you are looking for... I can post a picture tomorrow in between walnut & AE brown, but it's in between... You would have to have to do a MTO, but the colors right
Looks promising as well. Thanks.

DHD28

Reaction score
In regards to the Jeffersonville Tanger coupon and if it could be used on 1st quality AEs:

Unfortunately the 20% off is only applicable to full priced factory seconds. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Sincerely,
Kelsey

Dammit! Was gonna bite on a pair of Broadstreet firsts!

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Wolverine 721s in a size 13?

Thanks!

JermynStreet

Reaction score

Cardinals WS game 4 attire. Unlike the umpiring, nothing controversial about these.

David Copeland

Reaction score
Current video on their web site showing why a $50.00 to $150 investment in recrafting your shoes is a worthwhile investment:

0.jpg

All my best,

David

cincikid

Reaction score
I found those - hoping to get them for a little less. Thanks, though. Any other ideas?
Doubt you will get them from anywhere less, to be honest, except for maybe eBay. The chance to snag them off the ShoeBank are nill, since AE is not making this particular model for Wolverine any longer. Fwiw, I think Amazon is a pretty good deal even at this price. But then again, it probably depends on how much you actually need them
sneaky2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads