• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
I wore my Shell Burgundy Dalton's yesterday. Today I am wearing my Walnut Calf Dalton's. I think we are officially into boot season across much of America.

That makes two of us today

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying and that makes sense. I was looking at them referencing only the jeans. Maybe the whole look will pull it together.

Tifosi - I think the leeds in the brown would look great with dark denim. PTB are relatively casual in my opinion. Jeans, tucked in shirt and sport coat or cardigan would be a good look :)
I wore my Shell Burgundy Dalton's yesterday. Today I am wearing my Walnut Calf Dalton's. I think we are officially into boot season across much of America.

Wearing my burgundy shell daltons today as well! Picture from last week since I don't want weird looks in the conference room today. It's boot season/dalton Friday it seems.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cappuccino Leeds arrived today. Took a brush to them and a microfiber cloth. Couldn't be more pleased! Thanks Mr. Grangaard and your excellent staff!

Specs per my invoice:

*CAPPUCCINO SHELL CORDOVAN
*TONE ON TONE STITCHING
*BROWN LEATHER INSOLE
*CHILI SPLIT REVERSE WELT
*LIGHT BROWN EDGE FINISH
*DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE
*AE TOPLIFT

In terms of the shell color, they look a bit darker to my eye than what's pictured on my monitor. RE: the edgetrim, I was confused after all the recent edge-trim discussions. I didn't want something as light as natural but I did want some contrast. I ended up with exactly what I'd hoped for.

Brutus was intrigued. He's grown fond of the scent of shell.

*I just added the last image and it's much closer to the actual color to my eye.

The only thing I'd consider a negative is that I don't know if I'll ever wear my old burgundy shell Leeds now that I have these :D.

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score
I see what you're saying and that makes sense. I was looking at them referencing only the jeans. Maybe the whole look will pull it together.

I agree with everyone that they go 100% with jeans. In fact, I'm wearing my burgundy shell Kenilworth's today with dark jeans and an untucked casual western (snaps) shirt:

For those that remember, these are the ones from eBay before all the MTOs were made. I like to think they're the first shell Kenilworth's the world has known. ;)

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick -
fing02[1].gif
Gorgeous!! The welt/sole combo look great with the cap shell!

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Can't decide between the Long Branch and the Bayfield...

Also, I wear walnut strands with dark jeans all the time (I get compliments on the shoes all the time!!).

I'm also thinking about a pair of Dark Brown McCallisters for jeans/khakis....

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened my brown shell Strand seconds last night for the first time. I bought them during the sale for 299 and had them shipped to my office in Utah to avoid NYS sales tax.

Good thing I did, because if my wife had seen what I pulled out of that box, she would have been livid.

Looked like one of those nasty beat-up store display models, but worse. All covered with caked on grease and grime, and absolutely riddled with scratches.

I gave it 6 or 7 rounds of Mac in my hotel room, and it started to look much better. It was literally FROSTED like a cupcake! Now doesn't look half-bad. All the scratches came out and most of the excess product has been removed.

Now I can see the actual flaw: the stitching on the right cap is very sloppy, and causes the pinking to fray out. Im pretty sure I can live with it for 300$ off, but im still thinking about it.

But I was HORRIFIED when I first opened the box.

Here are some after pix:

dancingbear

Reaction score
Cappuccino Leeds arrived today. Took a brush to them and a microfiber cloth. Couldn't be more pleased! Thanks Mr. Grangaard and your excellent staff!

Specs per my invoice:

*TONE ON TONE STITCHING
*BROWN LEATHER INSOLE
*LIGHT BROWN EDGE FINISH
*DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE
*AE TOPLIFT

In terms of the shell color, they look a bit darker to my eye than what's pictured on my monitor. RE: the edgetrim, I was confused after all the recent edge-trim discussions. I didn't want something as light as natural but I did want some contrast. I ended up with exactly what I'd hoped for.

*I just added the last image and it's much closer to the actual color to my eye.

The only thing I'd consider a negative is that I don't know if I'll ever wear my old burgundy shell Leeds now that I have these
biggrin.gif

Wow!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Specs per my invoice:

*TONE ON TONE STITCHING
*BROWN LEATHER INSOLE
*LIGHT BROWN EDGE FINISH
*DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE
*AE TOPLIFT

The only thing I'd consider a negative is that I don't know if I'll ever wear my old burgundy shell Leeds now that I have these
biggrin.gif

STUNNING!

DJTraveler

Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the sentiment is around here for wearing walnut Strands with jeans...but I decided today was the day I'd take the puppies on their maiden voyage.

They're your shoes. You bought them. You paid for them. You can do whatever you want with them.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I want to treat my Long Branches with Obenhauf's Heavy Duty Leather Preservative. It comes in 4oz and 8oz bottles. Which size should I purchase? This is the only pair of boots I'll be treating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads