• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptfly

Reaction score
Happy 2021 everyone. Here a couple of my favorites and not too easy for me to find. Glad I did.
Sullivan Street.jpg

olive strandmok.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the 2021 Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread!

StyleForum’s Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread is one of the largest, most popular online communities for fans of fine American-made Allen Edmonds shoes.

We’re here to share pictures, gloat over new purchases, give questionably helpful advice, and ask/answer any questions about the brand and its products. If you need advice for sizing, we may be able to help.

Thread rules are simple (and three out of four of these rules also apply to sh:
  • keep it clean,
  • keep it polished,
  • keep it mostly on the shoes,
  • do not, under any circumstances, share your recipe for guacamole.
This thread is pretty open when it comes to off-topic discussion. Please don’t derail the thread. When in doubt, place off-topic pictures and pictures of non-AE shoes in spoiler tags with a descriptive title.

Don’t be afraid to join in with a comment or share a picture. (If you identify yourself as new to the thread, you may see a “stay off my lawn” picture as a response. Realize that it’s just our way of welcoming you to the group.)

The AEAT at its core is a celebration of shoe fanatics from around the nation. 2020 was a weird year. Let’s step into 2021 on the right foot. On January 1, please post a picture or two of a favorite pair of your Allen Edmonds shoes.

I will kick this off with a picture of my chili shell Higgins Mill boots.
View attachment 1527469
Welcome 2021 - we've been expecting you!

View attachment 1527480

Shaved brown shell Landon cap toe boots.

View attachment 1527491

Not necessarily my favorite, but one of the newest in my collection.
Happy 2021! Thanks for a pleasant distraction every day, pals.

Here are the HMs in Green Shell (TS 2020.2) w/ 54” round laces from Guarded Goods.

View attachment 1527494 View attachment 1527495
Chili shell Strands have become a recent favorite...
View attachment 1527497
Happy new year! As I’ve gotten more into boots I’ve learned how much I love chukka’s. These Williamsburg in coffee can do it all of you ask me

View attachment 1527505
Here's my favorite AEs and also my veteran Rush Streets for the new thread:
View attachment 1527507
View attachment 1527504

and...
View attachment 1527503
How about some Leed and Tweed?

View attachment 1527515
Happy New Year!
I’m settled in for a full day of watching football bowl games. I’m wearing my lugged-sole Higgins Mills (with Gustin denim and a Gustin flannel shirt).

View attachment 1527516

The only way that this could be better?
With a pair of football-grain Higgins Mills, of course!
Here’s hoping that 2021 is the year that happens.
Brown grain MacNeils get the first wear of 2021.

Happy New Year everyone! View attachment 1527556
It was a hard call, but here are my 3 favorite AE pairs (this morning, at least):

Vintage (early 90s) Black Cherry Shell Bristols:

View attachment 1527558

Chili Shell Fifth Streets from TS 2019.2:

View attachment 1527560

and the ones that started it all for me, Brown CXL Higgies from early 2018:

View attachment 1527564
Happy New Year all. Here are some of my favorite shoes.
View attachment 1527591
Dundee Shell.
View attachment 1527592
Rudolph still has the edge over the other mocks.
View attachment 1527593
Tainted Plymouth is a very close third.
Thank you for kicking things off @mreams99 !
Really strong start to 2021, fellas. My 2020 AE acquisitions were modest in number, but not the less enjoyed.
IMG_4281.jpg IMG_5017.jpg IMG_5368.jpg
I hope to up my AE game in 2021, so naturally am wondering if there might be a TS next month (February)? My wish list for inclusion in the next Trunker:
1-Patriot
2-MacNeil
3-Bradley
A guy can dream, right?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thank you for kicking things off @mreams99 !
Really strong start to 2021, fellas. My 2020 AE acquisitions were modest in number, but not the less enjoyed.
View attachment 1527651 View attachment 1527652 View attachment 1527653
I hope to up my AE game in 2021, so naturally am wondering if there might be a TS next month (February)? My wish list for inclusion in the next Trunker:
1-Patriot
2-MacNeil
3-Bradley
A guy can dream, right?
@ae_ashley said usually the February TS is non-shell which I'm very excited about! I hope MacNeil is an option.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy 2021! Bringing in the New Year with an updated set of shell Strand family pictures.

shell_strand_family_2.jpg
shell_strand_family.jpg

shell_strand_family_3.jpg

ft. Marbled Burgundy, Marbled Dark Cognac, Chili, Bourbon, Green, Navy, Burgundy, Dark Cognac and Black.

Ogglodyte

Reaction score
Hrmm.. favorites. It used to be a pair of walnut McAllister. Since the last trunk show, however, it's been the marbled cognac MacAllisters. Just a really great color in a very comfortable shoe.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The year of olive and natural

I picked up a total of five shoes/boots in 2020, which is exactly half of what I bought in 2019. All of them were casual designs, with the exception of the olive Strand, which is a bit more formal. All the shoes/boots were either in olive or natural cxl leather. Of the five I bought, three of them were AE. I'm only going to post those here.

IMG_2036.JPG

The Higgins in natural was an Ebay find. While not in perfect shape, they did appear to be almost new. Someone appears to have tried them on for a few hours and then returned them. The olive Strandmok was a rare Ebay find, brand new, unworn. The olive Strand was one of only three times where I paid full price for an AE shoe. I did this to try to say thank you to AE for listening to my suggestions, even though very few customers seem to share my good taste for the olive Strand. I'm also finding that I'm enjoying wearing my boots more and more.

IMG_2039.JPG

I am well aware 2020 was very hard for many of us. One of the good surprises was having my son come into this world. 6 weeks into being parent, it is becoming a little easier.

My wife always told me that one of the things she liked about me when we met was my voice. I've now been receiving some comments on Youtube that people "like my voice" and want me to do more shoe videos. I always thought my voice sounded weird. I do have many more planned for 2021, but bear in mind I'm juggling lots of things, just like everyone here. I'll put them out when I can.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I picked up a total of five shoes/boots in 2020, which is exactly half of what I bought in 2019. All of them were casual designs, with the exception of the olive Strand, which is a bit more formal. All the shoes/boots were either in olive or natural cxl leather. Of the five I bought, three of them were AE. I'm only going to post those here.

View attachment 1527697

The Higgins in natural was an Ebay find. While not in perfect shape, they did appear to be almost new. Someone appears to have tried them on for a few hours and then returned them. The olive Strandmok was a rare Ebay find, brand new, unworn. The olive Strand was one of only three times where I paid full price for an AE shoe. I did this to try to say thank you to AE for listening to my suggestions, even though very few customers seem to share my good taste for the olive Strand. I'm also finding that I'm enjoying wearing my boots more and more.

View attachment 1527698

I am well aware 2020 was very hard for many of us. One of the good surprises was having my son come into this world. 6 weeks into being parent, it is becoming a little easier.

My wife always told me that one of the things she liked about me when we met was my voice. I've now been receiving some comments on Youtube that people "like my voice" and want me to do more shoe videos. I always thought my voice sounded weird. I do have many more planned for 2021, but bear in mind I'm juggling lots of things, just like everyone here. I'll put them out when I can.
6 weeks in? Wow, I wish I could rewind the clock, my youngest just turned 31! As for the voice, all my life I thought my voice has sounded weird, as you put it. And all my life people have told me I have a "radio announcer" voice, like a late night FM Jazz DJ....Had a gig for a while reading audio books, but it didn't pay well and frankly found it rather boring, as they wanted a monotone, no inflection..

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

View attachment 1527697

View attachment 1527698

If it makes you feel any better I'd have bought that olive strand had I known about it. I'm jealous and want one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads