• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Multiple times a Buyer has "not received" some package and eBay forces a refund.
You have to do no such thing, as long as tracking shows it delivered to the listed eBay address, and you sent it within the time frame you set up with eBay (i.e. handling time).

If the above is met then:

Does not arrive on time: eBay pays to resolve the issue with the buyer should he file a claim.
Does not arrive at all to the buyer: i.e. was stolen off the buyers porch etc., the buyer needs to resolve it with the shipping company.

Under NO circumstances are you (the seller) required to (not should you ever agree to) refund the buyer if you: Sent it to the address as in the buyers eBay account and you sent it within the handling time YOU stated in your listing.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got to pairs of boots, in both it looks like the upper is glued onto the sole, with a sort of band around where the sole meets the upper that is stiched down. You can see something similar in the above picture.

Is AE cheaping out and gluing their shoes together now?
Yes, glued right to the wood.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out and about with tan nubuck Strandmoks today.
View attachment 1269393

I really like these. The partial leather lining is super comfortable, and the olive Dainite is a sure winner. I like how the toe is slightly burnished too.

I bought the brown nubuck as well, but had to return because the toe caps were literally skewed by about 20 degrees. Got another one on the way.
I may already have missed the big milestone, but don't these two put you at >50 pairs now?

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Enjoy them, your new boots look great.
The Hamilton revision of the Fifth Street! Familtons!
Funny, I am pretty sure no one at first glance thought hmmm! That reminds me of a 5th Street. But I am sure a lot of guys thought
was the big brother boot version of the Strand.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suburbs of South London. I now live in northern IL, about 50 miles west of Chicago. When I do bump into fellow country men or women I struggle to understand their funny accents.
I'm in Champaign, downstate from you. We are close enough we could meet up at some point...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny, I am pretty sure no one at first glance thought hmmm! That reminds me of a 5th Street. But I am sure a lot of guys thought is was the big brother boot version of the Strand.
Bingo!

Hamilton's cap is even more incongruous with the back half of the Fifth St than the original cap. I do not understand their decision; if anything they should have gone to the Fifth Ave or PA cap.
No, I hadn't noticed it in pics as my mind's eye was filtering, but I certainly would have noticed as soon as I had in hand and next to originals.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, my "poor" friend at The Four Seasons, I mean hospital, is eating better tonight than I am. lol. Ps. She came through the surgery (4.5 hrs. worth) with flying colors. Good deal.

Attachments

• 20191030_164127.jpg
    20191030_164127.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Rithrin

Reaction score
You might remember my Foxboro chukkas that I attempted to add a little green to. (Shown above.) I liked the idea. The results weren’t quite what I wanted. They were still almost all black.

So I gave it another go last night.
View attachment 1267947

Wow! Great work!

But they are not exactly the most "pretty" species of mammal. They have very few esthetic redeeming qualities (unless one likes ugly teeth, hairless tails and nocturnal behavior)

Opossums always seemed like the most well-mannered of neighborhood creatures. I once left my back door open late at night. When I got home, there was an opossum in my kitchen. Unlike stray cats, dogs, or rats, he looked at me then calmly and nonchalantly turned around and walked outside. So polite! He realized the house was already occupied and left. I've had stray cats gets in - when they see me, they start jumping on shelves, hiding in the shower, etc. Much worse!

You have to do no such thing, as long as tracking shows it delivered to the listed eBay address, and you sent it within the time frame you set up with eBay (i.e. handling time).

If the above is met then:

Does not arrive on time: eBay pays to resolve the issue with the buyer should he file a claim.
Does not arrive at all to the buyer: i.e. was stolen off the buyers porch etc., the buyer needs to resolve it with the shipping company.

Under NO circumstances are you (the seller) required to (not should you ever agree to) refund the buyer if you: Sent it to the address as in the buyers eBay account and you sent it within the handling time YOU stated in your listing.

Hmm, I have been told multiple times by eBay that I needed to have the carrier receive written signature - otherwise, as a Seller it was my responsibility to ensure the package made it into my customer's hands. If my carrier did not ensure it was received, I was not doing my due diligence. It was recommended each time that I should have the package insured and require signature if I wanted to avoid this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads