• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow! Great work!

Opossums always seemed like the most well-mannered of neighborhood creatures. I once left my back door open late at night. When I got home, there was an opossum in my kitchen. Unlike stray cats, dogs, or rats, he looked at me then calmly and nonchalantly turned around and walked outside. So polite! He realized the house was already occupied and left. I've had stray cats gets in - when they see me, they start jumping on shelves, hiding in the shower, etc. Much worse!

Hmm, I have been told multiple times by eBay that I needed to have the carrier receive written signature - otherwise, as a Seller it was my responsibility to ensure the package made it into my customer's hands. If my carrier did not ensure it was received, I was not doing my due diligence. It was recommended each time that I should have the package insured and require signature if I wanted to avoid this in the future.
Oppossums are a pain in the a** around here. I'm so glad you had a "polite" one in your house, they are a pain here.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But they are not exactly the most "pretty" species of mammal. They have very few esthetic redeeming qualities (unless one likes ugly teeth, hairless tails and nocturnal behavior)

yeah but imagine this heading for the home invaders at 3 AM....

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just want to make sure I’m caught up. So there was a guy who wanted to cut off his pinking and a guy who didn’t get his pinking?
Close. Guy who happily didn't get pinking OR medallion, guy who was annoyed by curled pinking, bunch of people who don't care either way, and me who suggested I might cut off the pinking on my pair once they arrive.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close. Guy who happily didn't get pinking OR medallion, guy who was annoyed by curled pinking, bunch of people who don't care either way, and me who suggested I might cut off the pinking on my pair once they arrive.
I’ll give ya ten bucks for your pinking. Each. I smell an opportunity...

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I do have to admit that the curled pinking is a bit annoying. Certainly not a deal-breaker, but not ideal.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$20 a pair, I’m not greedy.
This is what I thought of as I read your offer. Im thinking the suggested $20 per each sale makes more sense!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Further thoughts on the Alpine boots: after wearing in puddles and rain, the boots are as advertised.....Weatherproof. I actually think the darn things are not only "weatherproof" but waterproof as well. I had dry feet even after they were submerged in puddles and soaked with rain. If the leather were better, they would be an excellent winter boot, just the leather gives the impression of a cheaper boot.....Sorry AE, just one man's opinion.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I thought of as I read your offer. Im thinking the suggested $20 per each sale makes more sense!
Dam covers makes me think of kids who keep the tags on their hats.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ans. Professor Plum in the library with a candlestick?

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out and about with tan nubuck Strandmoks today.
View attachment 1269393

I really like these. The partial leather lining is super comfortable, and the olive Dainite is a sure winner. I like how the toe is slightly burnished too.
I have a pair of those on order from the RDA with a sole-change to JR. I was hoping against hope that they'd be here before I leave for Japan on Saturday, but guessing they'll be waiting for me whwen I get back. I'm hoping for no burnishing actually, but those look great.
Oppossums are a pain in the a** around here. I'm so glad you had a "polite" one in your house, they are a pain here.
Yeah - all the possums I've ever "met" were pretty grumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members