• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like those, did you go TTS?

I love the Navy Achesons!

I went down 0.5 size - tends to work better for me in loafers. Usually 11D in laced shoes, 10.5D in most AE loafers works well enough.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness for my insanity. Without my spreadsheet it is very likely I would have missed or accidentally added 2017 purchases. This year was preorder hell for me! I felt the oppressive weight of my previous indiscretions all year...
First up, laced shoes:
AE: Bourbon McAllister, Burgundy Shell Leeds, Ridgeways, Green Cornwallis, White Nomad bucks, Black Shell Park Aves
J&M: Black Alligator J&M Cap Toes
Rancourt: Caramel Shell Sanford Derbies
View attachment 1098721
Loafers: (I had to include the boat shoes so as to not fall behind @jet-stream )
AE: Burgundy Maritimes, Brown Palm Beaches, Navy Suede Achesons, Brown Shell Patriots, Burgundy Shell Randolphs
Alden: Snuff Suede LHS, Hunting Green Suede LHS
Rancourt: Green Shell Penny Pinch Loafers
View attachment 1098719
Boots:
AE: Brown Cronmoks (buttery soft first run), Black Suede Caens, Brown Shell HMs, MTO Brown Shell First Ave, Snuff MD Chukka, Olive MD Chukka, Brown Bowerys, Brown Suede HMS (AE's second attempt to build my GMTO - wrong sole)
Alden: 403 (not pictured), Snuff Suede NST/Tankers, Blue Suede NST, Ravello WTB, #8 Shell CTB (with medallion), #8 PTB, #8 Medallion Toes
Rancourt: MTO Bison Knox
View attachment 1098718

Damn dude. We are close on loafers, but you are in (past) @darkclassic territory!

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK... I'll pay the acquisition game. I've bought (and kept) 16 this year. I don't even know how many I didn't keep. That brings the total to..... a lot. Here are the 13 of the 16:

View attachment 1098763

I like where this is focusing. They are (from back left):

1. Natural chromexcel Vancouver - OK, I know I blasted these when they first came out. Turns out they're a perfect rainy weather boot. All is forgiven, especially because I got them for cheap.
2. Brown chromexcel (and shearling lined!) Vancouver - I actually went to the mothership this year during a conference. It was like 30 degrees. The Shoe Bank had these. $199 for firsts. I bit. My feet have been happy in cold weather ever since.
3. Acorn suede Caen - the first Caen I bought, followed quickly by three more.
4. Taupe suede Caen - number two Caen purchase.
5. Black suede Caen - came last week. Number four Caen purchase.
6. Tan Caen - on an interesting note, one cap toe is pebbled. The other is not. For $99, I said screw it.
7. Black shell/shark Sullivan Street - quite possibly the last MTO Ashley was able to push through in January. Paid full price and then some. Worth every penny. These have a blue Dainite sole and natural edge dressing.
8. Chili Shaker - Much love. From eBay. Enough said.
9. Natural CXL Stirling - wasn't sure if I liked them. For under a Benjamin, they stayed.
10. Chili Wendell - This shoe gets no love here. I don't care. This is the third of my Wendells. My first was the first MTO that Paul G. himself helped me to get. Looking back, I should have been more adventurous than a black calf version. I should have gone for Walnut shell...
11. Green shell Macneil - Courtesy of smfdoc. He and I actually went after it at the same time on eBay. He won. But then I did. Thanks Doc!
12. Periwinkle (my designation) suede Cove Drive - under a bill, crepe sole. Goes great with my pink linen pants.
13. Black shell MacNeil. Rounding out the other five shell MacNeils, I got this one in the wake of Daltongate. I should probably wear them.

14. Burgundy shell MacNeils - third pair of these. One was destroyed by recrafting a few years back. Second one is unworn (sigh). I bought these to try recrafting (again) with a natural welt/edge. Added a blue Dainite sole. AE has these for the THIRD TIME because they've forgotten to change the welt twice. Double sigh. See below.

View attachment 1098768

15. Chili Crandon - a departure from my normal size (by a width) so taking a chance. Enroute from eBay

View attachment 1098769

16. GMTO suede Badlands - From a few years back. Another gamble on size. Bought from a fellow SFer (thanks again!) Enroute from eBay.

View attachment 1098770

17. Little baby Chesters - Youth size 12. For my four year old.
View attachment 1098771

So much awesome.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay I’ll make a submission. However only one AE for me this year and three Aldens.

First, brown shell Strands.
View attachment 1098816

Next Alden x Brooks Brothers snuff tassel moccasins.
View attachment 1098821

Then, the Alden x TSM whiskey shell LWB.
View attachment 1098819

Finally, Alden 9501 natural Chromexcel PTB.
View attachment 1098820

So, not a lot of shoes. But some good ones. Also I probably spent close to the same on these four that I did on last year’s twelve, and especially the last three were worth it. Have a Happy New Year!

Great acquisitions! It’s been great to watch you make the transition into also acquiring Alden footwear. As you probably know, I’ve been very pleased with the quality and comfort and style of Alden over the past 2-3 years. With a few exceptions, Alden fills a void that AE can’t for me.

Wishing you some great quality acquisitions in the new year!

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Otto tried mightily to stay up for the new year but, alas, he was too tired after stealing my socks all afternoon.
To keep it shoe related, the socks found their way into some shell PAs for tonight.

1uWFjJf.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6EB8C920-CB48-444D-AEEF-D3371189FABC.jpeg
I thought because of the rain that I would wear my black Strandmok but the wife was against that shoe. She pulled out my overshoes and a pair of Magnanni exclusives. Happy wife means no AE tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads