• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There were some pictures a while back that showed two shoes in a similar color, but different finishes on the welt and sole edges. They looked like completely different shoes.
Is that an option for you?

Agreed here.

I have two very similar boots coming my way: natural shell Daltons and whiskey shell C&J Lindricks.

The big difference is that the Daltons will have a natural welt and edge, while the Lindricks will have a darker welt and edge closer to chili/brown.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@armedferret, @orange fury, @Cold Iron, and this morning they were marked down 40%! But now they're back up to $769. Might be worth contacting the seller and making an offer even though they aren't listed as OBO.

AMiller31

Reaction score
Got these Kenwoods from the great eBay seller for very cheap.

I've seen a few people mention the favorite ebay seller or something similar. Who is this? I need to check them out!

Thanks.

rumjt

Reaction score
I've seen a few people mention the favorite ebay seller or something similar. Who is this? I need to check them out!

Thanks.

Only if you're not my size - I don't want any more competition!
biggrin.gif

It's Dabondo1

AMiller31

Reaction score
Only if you're not my size - I don't want any more competition!
biggrin.gif

It's Dabondo1
Thank you.

I'm a plain old 11D.

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
I got some Trumans today. Totally not even close to being AE. Other than being made in the USA.

Kudu too. And not "let's debate it for eleventy pages" Kudu. Like real actual "from the heart of Africa, we killed Simba then killed his food to make your shoes" Kudu.

Basically these but plain-toed.

I like them. The next time I'm in Boulder I'll have to remember to check them out.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone a couple of days ago (so like 57 pages) mentioned interview shoes if captoe bals were not an option. I reiterate my answer, from today:

Such an awesome suit shoe ...
(The right pant leg only looks like that when I'm taking a shoelfie)

roz77

Reaction score
Got my navy shell Macneils with chili welt/edge today. Gorgeous shoes.

Only issue I spotted is that the very tip of the wing and some of the pinking on the one of the shoes aren't securely attached (stitched? adhered? coupled? sewed?) to the leather underneath:

Nothing huge though, and not enough for me to even think about returning them. Also, bonus shot of my modest (but hopefully growing) shell collection:

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Someone a couple of days ago (so like 57 pages) mentioned interview shoes if captoe bals were not an option. I reiterate my answer, from today:

Such an awesome suit shoe ...
(The right pant leg only looks like that when I'm taking a shoelfie)

While there are certainly other shoes and boots that work with a suit, few others rise to the level of classic style you get with a black calf captoe balmoral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads