• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So this happened. This post will be nsfw because I've never wanted to sex an article of clothing so bad in my life. To my untrained suit eye, they are boring and stuffy and don't feel good when wearing. This one, words cannot do it justice. Unless I win two lotteries in my life I'll never own clothing this expensive, but it was well worth putting it on for the feels. Ended up with two pairs of Citizen of Humanity denim. Pictures will be taken in said denim with shoes after they get back from the tailor so I can keep it AE and all

This place is clearly a tool of Satan. I suggest you run the opposite direction.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SLCRich
I guess you have never bought a $14,000 suit before?
I had the sales guy "disrobe" me if you will, because I didn't want one thread to be missing and me end up having to buy it.

This place is clearly a tool of Satan. I suggest you run the opposite direction.
I ran...to a pizza place. Ironically it's also an Italian style (Settebello for those that might live near one) so that made up for not buying a 14k suit.

Last edited:

rumjt

Reaction score

I had the sales guy "disrobe" me if you will, because I didn't want one thread to be missing and me end up having to buy it.

I ran...to a pizza place. Ironically it's also an Italian style (Settebello for those that might live near one) so that made up for not buying a 14k suit.

While I know absolutely nothing of $14k suits, I do know of a Settebello. Good stuff.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this happened. This post will be nsfw because I've never wanted to sex an article of clothing so bad in my life. To my untrained suit eye, they are boring and stuffy and don't feel good when wearing. This one, words cannot do it justice. Unless I win two lotteries in my life I'll never own clothing this expensive, but it was well worth putting it on for the feels. Ended up with two pairs of Citizen of Humanity denim. Pictures will be taken in said denim with shoes after they get back from the tailor so I can keep it AE and all

Sounds like someone needs to go wash the donkey.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the sales guy "disrobe" me if you will, because I didn't want one thread to be missing and me end up having to buy it.

Man I wouldn't even have put it on. I was nervous I was going to damage a try on shirt a suitsupply. One of the suits I got during the their outlet was a retail one at $1100 super 150s and I thought I was going to somehow damage that. Its definitely the nicest suit I've owned (I've never really needed them until lately so Jos. A. Bank did the trick for me). It will be paired with the black Hopkinsons on most occasions. I did get a summer blue one that I can wear with those garnet cornwallis. Don't worry I'll include pictures of me wearing my papal shoes.

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Middlife

Reaction score
or at least get some leather to leather tongue action.
That feeling when the tongue slides up the shaft
wink.gif

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking of the Wilbert consider the Clark Street. It is also a casual CXL split toe.

I absolutely would if I could find them in my size. Just did some Google searching on them and the Brown CXL version is exactly what I'd be looking for. Love the contrast stitching. Wish these had been on my radar sooner. Looks like the AE eBay page has some but only 7D left. Dang it.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these?

Interested in year, last, maybe catalog info if someone knows.

Well guess no one knows about these.

I seen the posts about drunk shopping on eBay and sounded like fun.

So was feeling really good over the weekend and I seen these and thought cool I need them so for $36.99 buy it now they were mien.

I think they are from about 1986 the Seville so my first vintage AE shoe is on the way, I will polish up for summer.

No idea the last so just hoping they fit well.

Last edited:

Buster Brown

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads