• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

garland

Reaction score
I have pair of Long Branch boots which are a little over a year old and have been worn 30-40 times. I work in a hospital so no real abuse to the boots. The sole of one is starting to separate from the boot. Has anyone experienced such a problem before? I called Allen Edmonds and the rep said they needed recrafting. Am I wrong to think this should be warranty?

Definitely need pictures. More than likely it's a simple warranty fix, but can't say for sure without seeing them.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is 'MTO Monday' a thing? If so, this one if for @TexasTexter !

There has been some recent talk about shell care... I pulled these out of the box last night and they were completely hazed over with bloom. Looked like old fruit that was molded over. They got a variant of the @JSO1 "treatment." Basically LOTS of wet wiping/brushing, a couple of coats of Bick 4 and brushing, then a little tiny bit of VSC and some more buffing. I'm far from an expert but I think they came out well!

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more shot, because... shell. My attempt at whoever had the awesome pic of their boots (FAs?) while sitting on a bench. This was me standing/bending, so things didn't turn out quite as picturesque.

rwm001

Reaction score
I have pair of Long Branch boots which are a little over a year old and have been worn 30-40 times. I work in a hospital so no real abuse to the boots. The sole of one is starting to separate from the boot. Has anyone experienced such a problem before? I called Allen Edmonds and the rep said they needed recrafting. Am I wrong to think this should be warranty?

After calling Allen Edmonds support , I called my store rep.-- wow what service. Sent pictures to him and he gave me 2 options. Both options demonstrated their positive customer relations.

Excellent service by Allen Edmonds!

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brotherhood of the Snuff Suede Fullertons. I could be content wearing an OCBD or a PPBD nine months of the year. Twelve if the temperatures would allow.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is 'MTO Monday' a thing? If so, this one if for @TexasTexter ! There has been some recent talk about shell care... I pulled these out of the box last night and they were completely hazed over with bloom. Looked like old fruit that was molded over. They got a variant of the @JSO1 "treatment." Basically LOTS of wet wiping/brushing, a couple of coats of Bick 4 and brushing, then a little tiny bit of VSC and some more buffing. I'm far from an expert but I think they came out well!
LL
You're rocking those!

Middlife

Reaction score
One more shot, because... shell. My attempt at whoever had the awesome pic of their boots (FAs?) while sitting on a bench. This was me standing/bending, so things didn't turn out quite as picturesque.
Looking good! The bench pic boots were brown HMs.

lodemia

Reaction score
Ha! Good eye, it's actually an electric space heater I use for supplemental heat in my basement.
I have this thing for fireplaces, so I tend to study them... I love the roar of an actual fire.

Primitive, but so is my obsession with putting things on my feet.

Last edited:

garland

Reaction score
Looking good! The bench pic boots were brown HMs.

You guys have such similar profile pictures and forum names that start with M and are about the same length... I usually do a double take on who is who.

Fantastic boots btw :)

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this thing for fireplaces, so I tend to study them... I love the roar of an actual fire.

Primitive, but so is my obsession with putting things on my feet.
I also love having a fire in my fireplace, but hate that it requires me to take my shoes off to fully enjoy.

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
The somewhat rare Players 2.0 in brown grain / Dainite. On the 108 last.

I find the 108 to be tricky with my large instep. But these are incredibly comfortable. I went one size wider, and while I have zero heel slippage the toe box is a bit more roomy because I went wider. Somehow there is still a wider gap at the laces even going wider, but this is a blucher so not nearly as important as on a balmoral. But again, they feel great which is the ultimate barometer. Pretty versatile shoe. Today is pretty formal for these, I have normally worn with dark jeans or khakis.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to the most expensive clothing shop in town. They have a buy any item full price get next item of equal or lesser half off deal going on. This is where I was introduced to Eton (sadly the cheapest shirt they offer but well above what I wear daily). Just for kicks might put on a Brioni and Kiton suit. But realistically will probably walk out with 2 pairs of socks. Neumok for today's adventure. (Not wearing my jacket yet Hubbins, judge free zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members