• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mreams99 Beat you by that much.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSA - they really added to the clearance stuff this time. Even surprised me a little, which is pretty hard to do.

1) Fabrics leidens & suede achesons - called that from a mile away.

2) The maxfield & Kenwood - found that surprising.

3) couple oak streets and the tan strandmok - found the color choices weird, you'd think these would be the ones that stayed.

4) Both overlords - figured this was bound to happen. Excellent shoes, @TexasTexter you absolutely need both colors.

5) lots of dundees, didn't expect that.

6) BF stuff back to 200 - that's like clockwork.

This is a lot, wonder what they have in the works. Can't believe they bothered to recreate the freiburg only to clearance it.

It looked to me that all of the Oak Streets are on clearance. I am surprised, especially since they just recently brought out all the new leathers on that shoe. I really like the Oak Street a lot.
But the biggest surprise to me was seeing the Dundee on clearance. Why? Perhaps a new chukka or two is in the wings (I hope).

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well - I told myself I'd grab some of the Olive Strandmoks when they went on sale so I can justify the cost of a custom sole.

Anyone have comments on v-tread durability vs. the single oak leather?

[Edit - Ooops - they don't appear to have 11.5E available... yeesh Guess I'll call 'em...]

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I disappear, I feel like I have to put this out there again. Anyone who likes the mctavish & neumok but wasn't happy with how the 2.0 turned out, please, strongly consider the overlord. The kudu is phenomenal, I had zero vgap out of the box and the length was good, it uses a double sole plus a mini-lug heel. You can't ask for a better product. And don't start that stuff with me about contrast stitching, at 200 bucks who cares.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before I disappear, I feel like I have to put this out there again. Anyone who likes the mctavish & neumok but wasn't happy with how the 2.0 turned out, please, strongly consider the overlord. The kudu is phenomenal, I had zero vgap out of the box and the length was good, it uses a double sole plus a mini-lug heel. You can't ask for a better product. And don't start that stuff with me about contrast stitching, at 200 bucks who cares.

I'm intrigued, just felt like they filled a similar hole as some of my other casual stuff. Maybe the distressing just reminded me of the Normandy too much (which I like). How's the volume @Neo1?
You said length was good. As in similar to 65/Freiburgs/First Aves?

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking to eliminate some of my shoes that don't fit as well, or are redundant. But I still feel like there's one more that I'd like to add -- a suede boot.
I've got a brogue suede Strand and Cavanaugh, but no suede boot.
With this clearance, it looks like it's the end of the road for a couple of my options (Dundee and Saukville).
I would appreciate some input. Here are my options:

1. Saukville in dark brown or brogue suede, $197.

2. Dundee in snuff suede or loden suede (2nds), $227.

3. Dundee in loden suede, brown country grain (dainite sole, not suede), bitter chocolate, or snuff suede, $277.

What would be my most versatile boot, wearing with corduroy, wool trousers, chinos, jeans, etc.?

Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the sole on the clearance Freiburg the good Vibram option? I see a lot of people hating on the gumlite, is the Roccia the old one people liked better?
@Neo1, any insight?
I like my Freiburgs so much I'd consider these if they weren't almost the same color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esakhtwa