• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I didn't already have a pair of bourbon McAllisters and Strands I would be ordering a pair. I'm not sure how profound the difference is, but I'm tempted just so I can see the difference.

Does anyone know if the bourbon is a limited run or will it be around for a while?

Limited run just like the Merlot.

amphillips79

Reaction score

Liverpool Bitter Chocolate finally arrived! LONG LEAD TIMES on this!
This is another one I've been thinking of. This one comes down to how bad my refinish project goes lol. Nice pics on the McAllister. Definitely a bit darker than my pair; mine is way more on the walnut side. Maybe if I can still find a pair after the holidays I'll bite.

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fyi, a couple pairs of shell daltons ending soon on the bay from that well known seller. Priced on the high side, but could be a decent cop for the right best offer...

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA

I know the following seconds are available but most all are not actually listed on the shoebank currently.

If anyone is interested let me know I can provide a contact at AE for purchase.

9.5D
Mora 2 in black pebble grain for Joseph Abboud $199
The Canvasback, with a grey flannel inlay for $197
The Malvern (sort of a predecessor to the Dundee) in brown for $157
The Amok in Mocha Suede $99
Macneil in chocolate suede, chili grain, black grain for Brooks Brothers $199
Macneil in Walnut and White $149
Ashton in white Suede with an off white Vibram Gumlite Sole $149

10 D
Fairfax in Chili $199
The Leeds in both White and Milkshake suede for Club Monoco $199
The Mojave in tan suede $117
The Fairmont in brown $157
The Positano for $147

Funny the Canvasback I didn't even know AE made duck boots.

I wish they don't seem to have these in 9E so I miss out. I'd really like a pair of chili grain macneils. BB has their AEs on sale right now for 258 or something and its pretty tempting.

@TexasTexter I was looking to snag the pair of bourbons on shoebank in my size but SA said they look basically like walnut McAllisters. If I didnt have walnut in that pattern already covered I'd have bought them at the price. It appears I will be pulling the trigger on some firsts before they go away again.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wife is Christmas shopping. I'm resting in the "husband chair." Long Branch in golden brown CXL.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
E Fairgate, #8 shell with added eyelets. Out doing some shopping.

Szeen

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys add a heel taps on your AE to prolong the life of the heel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is another one I've been thinking of. This one comes down to how bad my refinish project goes lol.

Nice pics on the McAllister. Definitely a bit darker than my pair; mine is way more on the walnut side. Maybe if I can still find a pair after the holidays I'll bite.

They make my size 12 foot look smaller...that I like! I don't feel like I am walking around with flipper on! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads