• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichieP

Reaction score

tl;dr pants stuff...

In that light, those do have the color of acorns!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Epic twin tube is on Massdrop right now, 2 pairs for about ten bucks more. A great deal, I think, considering how much nicer a tree it is!

Yeah - got on that drop too, probably/hopefully for the last time. I've been slowly transitioning to all-Epic trees, and the four pairs I've got coming should finish me off. Really like them for almost all of my shoes.

Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: official eBay account has Jefferson 1.0 in brown in 8D and 12EEE. $199. Get on it you lucky bastards with not my size feet. 3 pairs available.

Mark_Y

Reaction score

Sorry, I don't have the answer to either of those questions but I'll do my best to try and find out.

Much appreciated. I see you're in NY. I'll be there in December for a quick visit. Last time I was there I picked up some Snuff Strands from Curtis at an AE store on Madison Ave. I'm in Phoenix where we have a whopping ONE Allen Edmonds store.

Kkoa12h

Reaction score

Much appreciated. I see you're in NY. I'll be there in December for a quick visit. Last time I was there I picked up some Snuff Strands from Curtis at an AE store on Madison Ave. I'm in Phoenix where we have a whopping ONE Allen Edmonds store.

Curtis is now the head manager of the 44th street store. Great guy!

tkebh979

Reaction score

The Epic twin tube is on Massdrop right now, 2 pairs for about ten bucks more. A great deal, I think, considering how much nicer a tree it is!

Agreed... But make sure you get the size right. Trying to get MD customer service to swap out a pair was more headache than the discount was worth.

The trees are an AE product, but MD's customer service isn't in the same county, much less zip code.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: official eBay account has Jefferson 1.0 in brown in 8D and 12EEE. $199. Get on it you lucky bastards with not my size feet. 3 pairs available.

This is my size, but it might not fit me since this is the 65 last. How does the fit compare to the Park Ave? I'm not hugely interested, but I do recognize the value being presented here, and this is a soon-to-be extinct shoe.

Off topic, but how often do you guys put conditioner cleaner on your shoes?

harlequin782

Reaction score
Really, really liking the picture galleries AE has on its website now...its like this thread, without the sizing and "is this knick acceptable?" questions on every other post.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed... But make sure you get the size right. Trying to get MD customer service to swap out a pair was more headache than the discount was worth.

The trees are an AE product, but MD's customer service isn't in the same county, much less zip code.

Yeah I bought my first pair directly through WL. Their insane sizing guide told me to get Medium when I really needed extra large. I ended up selling them for a 5 dollar loss. Ah well.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really, really liking the picture galleries AE has on its website now...its like this thread, without the sizing and "is this knick acceptable?" questions on every other post.

Quite a few DapKicks and Dale Pix in there! Even a Dubsy, a CMT, and one from yours truly...

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a tear in my beer because I think I am going to have to return these Brown McGregors. I doubt they are going to stretch enough to become comfortable. Black ones, same size, fit fine. :brick:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a tear in my beer because I think I am going to have to return these Brown McGregors. I doubt they are going to stretch enough to become comfortable. Black ones, same size, fit fine.
baldy[1].gif

Yeah, that happens. Variation within the same size is common. One of my Carlyle's fits much tighter than the others. Been using various stretchers and they are helping, but it's still not as good of a fit as my other Carlyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads