• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middlife

Reaction score

tietherope

Reaction score
Not plain old chili, *dark* chili a.k.a Bob's chili :)

Here's a great sample shot by JS01 (too lazy to go get mine):

And since you're from Canada (so am I), you may be able to purchase these at Nordstrom, depending on what city you're in.
They're a Nordstrom exclusive, though the seconds are available at Shoebank.
Damn, that's a nice shoe. Just found a another pic by him that shows the Dark Chili next to Oxblood.

Well, I've ordered the Oxblood to take advantage of the sale. $275 for firsts quality couldn't be passed up.

I'm in toronto, no Nordstrom here for another few months. When in the U.S. next week I'll make sure to go in store/to Nordstrom and have a look at the Dark Chili in person and decide from there.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's a nice shoe. Just found a another pic by him that shows the Dark Chili next to Oxblood.

Well, I've ordered the Oxblood to take advantage of the sale. $275 for firsts quality couldn't be passed up.

I'm in toronto, no Nordstrom here for another few months. When in the U.S. next week I'll make sure to go in store/to Nordstrom and have a look at the Dark Chili in person and decide from there.
Those Strands are sexy AF.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Father's Day sale which shoe(s) are on your radar in merlot?

Do they offer merlot for casual shoes? I was told by local SA that it's casuals going on sale for Father's Day....

Middlife

Reaction score
Do they offer merlot for casual shoes? I was told by local SA that it's casuals going on sale for Father's Day....
It looks like the McAllister, Park Ave, Randolph, Maxfield, Fifth Ave, and Strand.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh nice. do we know discount range yet? sorry if it's been posted, i've been laid up and heavily medicated all weekend. i don't really remember much of what i've said or seen the last few days.

Middlife

Reaction score
oh nice. do we know discount range yet? sorry if it's been posted, i've been laid up and heavily medicated all weekend. i don't really remember much of what i've said or seen the last few days.
$245, $175 for Maxfield. @ZheNewYork thanks for the info on this a few pages back.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you both!

thera

Reaction score
Here's actually another pic by RTD1 that compares them side by side:

Though I think it's a little oxblood-centric :)
It really highlights the color of that one, and the dark chili's stuck in the background, looking quite brown.

In real life, I find them to be really versatile, with just the right touch of dark red accents.
They were the overall best shoe & color in calf by AE IMO for a while, and maybe still are.

Oxblood may have taken that spot, though I haven't seen it in person yet, will do so this month when I'll be down south.

robster35

Reaction score
has anyone bought seconds that one shoe was slightly lighter than the other and were u able to polish it or condition it to match the other? found a pair of strands at a deal but they have this issue

styleaudit91

Reaction score

oh nice.  do we know discount range yet?  sorry if it's been posted, i've been laid up and heavily medicated all weekend.  i don't really remember much of what i've said or seen the last few days.

The Merlots are for formal stuff. But boat shoes and suede offerings will be on sale as well. I'd have to check the mag for the exact models and prices. But good deals on maritime if I remember if that suits your fancy.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
There's a Merlot strand for $245? It makes me second-guess my order of oxblood strands for $275, which I haven't yet received and which possibly haven't even been built yet.

It looks like the McAllister, Park Ave, Randolph, Maxfield, Fifth Ave, and Strand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads