• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

robster35

Reaction score

The newer "chili" is the same as "dark chili".
Those look great!

thanks man. i had returned my mcgregors due to one shoe being narrower than the other and wanted something similiar to the mcgregor and im diggin these. only negative is that the mcgregors had the dainite sole whereas these are leather.

NorseHorse

Reaction score

thanks man. i had returned my mcgregors due to one shoe being narrower than the other and wanted something similiar to the mcgregor and im diggin these. only negative is that the mcgregors had the dainite sole whereas these are leather.

I agree, these look great. Making me want to find a Rogue in Chili!

harlequin782

Reaction score

chili Madison Parks came in finally from Nordstrom. perfect fit. kinda confused tho the website said dark chili. but the box theyre in just says chili. is dark chili much different than chili?

These look awesome...I find that Dark Chili can often lack any personality or character. At least compared to the more extreme colors ( walnut/casual-prettyboy color, Oxblood/stylish-flashy, Bourbon/masculine-business, cognac/warm-rugged, black/formal-conservative etc ) But I think the broguing on these really accentuate the Dark Chili color beautifully.

Last edited:

billikenman

Reaction score
I decided to hit my Park Aves with two light coats of Kiwi Parade Gloss, followed by a light spritzing of water and vigorous brushing.

I am very well aware of the controversy surrounding the silicone that Parade Gloss uses to glaze the leather, and that this can be a detrimental product to use, or at least continue to use for any amount of time, but I wanted to see for myself how much shine I could eke out with the product. I have a black tie wedding coming up, and while I am debating a pair of Carmina black shell wholecuts, I am also considering a pair of Shoebank Carlyles and running them through the Parade Gloss procedure in order to save money.

This is a pair of $50 Ebay-sourced Park Aves that I purchased simply to have a cap-toe balmoral in the closet, and that I have worn twice in the years that I have owned them. Given the circumstances (funerals), neither event was a particularly joyful occasion.
frown.gif

The resulting gloss and reflectivity is definitely enhanced over my best results using traditional polishes, but the Parade Gloss did smell like either Goof Off or Nevr-Dull, so some serious chemicals were likely at work. I would have no problem believing that this product is caustic to use longterm on quality leather.

These pics are from yesterday immediately following the initial polishing. I've continued to brush them sporadically and the gloss has perceptively increased. While I do not think it quite matches the hammering reflections of either black shell or patent leather, and likely due to poor technique since I've seen mirror shines result from this product in Internet photos, I do think a Carlyle that has been similarly polished would be acceptable for black tie.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, as always.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

As you suggest, whether that product is good for the shoes in the long term is one thing - but the shine on those looks absolutely stunning.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Thanks to @gatszu for selling me his spares of these awesome shell make-ups!

Wore the Dundees for "Natty Satty" yesterday, and today I brushed/conditioned the Bayfields for their upcoming wear.

pbrandes

Reaction score
FYI Massdrop has a pretty good deal on Woodlore shoe trees right now. Might want to check it out.

I've never tried Woodlore trees, so would appreciate some sizing advice. I am a 9.5 E, and 9.5 is listed both as the upper end of medium and the start of large...which would be a better fit for shell Parks and Independence Jeffersons 2.0?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks to @gatszu for selling me his spares of these awesome shell make-ups!
Wore the Dundees for "Natty Satty" yesterday, and today I brushed/conditioned the Bayfields for their upcoming wear. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Those are some fine looking boots!! Is that ice cream?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, I have two pairs of Med woodlore ultimate trees from the last drop. Completely unused. They were too small.

I'll let them go for the same price as the drop, free shipping. If anyone wants...

Last edited:

chrisleduc1

Reaction score
Selling a couple pair of AE's that have been worn less than 10 times, as can be seen from the soles. First quality. Just shoes Im not wearing. The McKinley is a 11.5D in Golden Brown that I paid about $75.00 and the Duke is an 11D that went for about $117.

piyi

Reaction score

I've never tried Woodlore trees, so would appreciate some sizing advice. I am a 9.5 E, and 9.5 is listed both as the upper end of medium and the start of large...which would be a better fit for shell Parks and Independence Jeffersons 2.0?

I am not sure about the sizes. The site says they run small.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the sizes. The site says they run small.

Personally, I don't want a lot of tension in my shoes. I think the people who are saying they run small aren't realizing that is the intended design and proper function.

I'm a 11.5/12 and my Epics are XL's - they aren't huge in the shoes - they don't put a lot of pressure at the heel and fill the vamp/toe very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads