• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperHiro

Reaction score
I grabbed a pair of McGregors (Dainite sole) in the recent thing, in my usual 5 last size. It certainly feels roomier. I've been dorking out over it the past few weeks, haven't worn them outside. Anyone else in the same dilemma, how did you handle it? Got a smaller size, "dealt with it"?

I just don't want the leather to break in and suddenly I got clown shoes.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Dale, great job with the first post and your pictures. This is officially known as AE show off thread :)
Love all the group shots, may be this will motivate me to do one for all AE shoes I own.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My small but growing AE collection.

DapperDriver

Reaction score

Bourbon.  The color is lighter than what the picture shows, but they are still pretty dark.

Thanks - I'm trying to get an idea of what the brown burnished calf looks like relative to some lighter colors like bourbon and walnut. Starting to become variously optimistic that I'll like the McGregors I ordered yesterday.

Last edited:

robster35

Reaction score

I grabbed a pair of McGregors  (Dainite sole) in the recent thing, in my usual 5 last size.  It certainly feels roomier.  I've been dorking out over it the past few weeks, haven't worn them outside.  Anyone else in the same dilemma, how did you handle it?  Got a smaller size, "dealt with it"?

I just don't want the leather to break in and suddenly I got clown shoes. 

is one shoe any bigger to u than the other?? my mcgregors i got in last week had this issue. the right shoe measured 1/4 inch narrower than the left. my pinky toe was cramped pretty good while noticeable more space in the left shoe. AE said return em for inspection so im waiting to hear what they say.

SuperHiro

Reaction score
The left shoe feels a BIT bigger. But that's usually the case for me as my left foot is juuuuust a bit narrower than the right. Or maybe it's the other way around. I don't think my issue is as bad as yours, I think the shoe is just roomier due to the open lacing.

PbgGuy

Reaction score
Trying to resist pulling the trigger on a pair of walnut Daltons, discounted to $270 on the shoebank site. Looking at all the great pics on this thread isnt doing much for my willpower.....

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Eagle County looks so much like an EG Galway. It makes me sad I didn't see the potential when they could be had MTO for $197.
Yes - I used the Galway for this boot inspiration...sorry my photos not as good as Dale's

Rubik1014

Reaction score
This thread feels so tiny...looking at page "3"...haha.

Is it safe to assume there is no President's Day sale this year because of the clearance sale? I have self-imposed a restriction of buying on sale only to stretch out my purchases, and suddenly life will not be right until I have a pair of Cornwallis.

What is the next usual sale? Anything before Father's Day?

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread feels so tiny...looking at page "3"...haha.

Is it safe to assume there is no President's Day sale this year because of the clearance sale? I have self-imposed a restriction of buying on sale only to stretch out my purchases, and suddenly life will not be right until I have a pair of Cornwallis.

What is the next usual sale? Anything before Father's Day?

Is there anything on the shoe bank? I honestly don't know if I'll purchase another 1st quality shoe.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to resist pulling the trigger on a pair of walnut Daltons, discounted to $270 on the shoebank site. Looking at all the great pics on this thread isnt doing much for my willpower.....
Yeah this is a bad place to be for aid to willpower...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads