• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much were the MD Chukka's?

Unworn pair of Chocolate 10D's on eBay with a Buy it Now of $375.
nest.gif

Edit: Spelling and added link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Massdrop-x-...137621?hash=item4b0eefb4d5:g:eUcAAOSwa~BYWyeE

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the dumb side of optimistic.  I guess he's hoping eBay doesn't know about the second run...

[edit: $240]

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't chocolate the darkest of the colors? I swear those were the snuff, not chocolate.

Who knows? He doesn't show an invoice or label. But I think they're chocolate, just terrible photography.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the dumb side of optimistic. I guess he's hoping eBay doesn't know about the second run...

[edit: $240]

The OP was very good. $275 is OK I guess (no wait) and covers his eBay/PayPal fees. But $375, is gross.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the chocolates and in bright light they can look like that. I don't doubt that they are.

And while I have my own thoughts about his BIN price, at the end of the day they're worth whatever someone will pay for them. If that ends up being $375, then so be it. If it ends up being $250, then so be it.

You guys need to remember the chocolate isn't available on the February run, and may not be available for further runs depending on suede supplies. So if someone *REALLY* wants some, and is that size, well then......time to let the market decide. ;)

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Is that confirmed? My understanding was that chocolate with going to be part of it. Regardless, it seems like profiteering...

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question: If I bought a shoe from AE online and exchanged it since it had defects (shipped it back and got shipped another), is there a way to return the shoe for a refund once I get it, if I no longer want it?

Yes. Call eCommerce.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

What regimen do you use to treat these? They are beautiful. I need to follow this routine on mine. I'll remember this for next Wednesday.

Thank you Quick. These are from 2012 and have aged very nicely if you were to ask me. My care regiment is posted on my blog here:

http://aldenofsandiego.com/caring-for-your-shell-cordovan/

I have only used Venetian Shoe Cream once on these back when I first got them but have only brushed and deer boned them since. And yes I have worn these probably around 50 times by now... :)

-Mike

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the chocolates and in bright light they can look like that. I don't doubt that they are.

And while I have my own thoughts about his BIN price, at the end of the day they're worth whatever someone will pay for them. If that ends up being $375, then so be it. If it ends up being $250, then so be it.

You guys need to remember the chocolate isn't available on the February run, and may not be available for further runs depending on suede supplies. So if someone *REALLY* wants some, and is that size, well then......time to let the market decide. ;)

It may (or may not) be on the future runs, but the supply of suede is hardly constrained. I'm sure CF Stead will make as much of it as anyone would care to order. So unless MassDrop has some sort of copyright or licensing agreement with AE, I'm sure there will be more Janus Chukka's in the future, as there were (the Mojave 2.0) in the past.

Ultimately your right, people will pay what they are willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads