• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

klassemannen

Reaction score
Thought I would share by fantastic Sam Hober ties!

Left to right.

Dark Navy Blue Satin Silk Tie #7
Reddish Brown Linen Tie #8
Atkinsons Printed Irish Poplin #6
Dark Chocolate Diamond Weave Silk Tie #21
Powder Blue Stripe On Midnight Blue Grenadine Tie #4(Dirty?! Was cleaned after the picture was taken)
White Dots on Dark Navy Pin-Dot Silk Tie #1
Gray Cashmere Tie
Sky Blue Cashmere Tie

Lifeson22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some recent Hober's.....

obama

Reaction score
That burgundy seems pretty bright in color. I hope it is deeper and more brownish for more versatility.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In no particular order:

Olive Grossa
Slate Grossa
Bitter Chocolate Grossa
Forest Green Fina
Burgundy Prometeo

Thanks again to David for his great work.

Those are absolutely gorgeous. The olive grossa is especially interesting. I believe this is the first picture I've seen of one.

That burgundy seems pretty bright in color. I hope it is deeper and more brownish for more versatility.

I do not own the burgundy prometeo, but judging by that picture, it does seem significantly lighter than the burgundy fina. The website pictures indicate this as well. Still, a nice looking color.

I am anxiously awaiting the new striped grenadines as well as the restocks that David said are due at the end of June. I will promptly be placing my next order then, which will include my first 7-fold: unlined/untipped navy fina. :nodding:

Enthusiasm

Reaction score
This thread is making my wallet weep, all these pictures are absolutely stunning. I wonder, does anyone have one of the Plaid #8 in action? I am in need of a wedding tie, and it strikes me as the most fitting!

Last edited:

stratfordwill

Reaction score

atoms

Reaction score
I am fortunate to have funds for a few more ties. I ordered three new ones, which will round out my collection for the foreseen time.

Burgundy Grenadine Fina Silk Tie #3
Charcoal Gray/Silver Grenadine Silk Tie #21
Powder Blue Grenadine Fina Silk Tie #15

I only own a navy suit, charcoal suit, brown plaid jacket, and navy blazer so my tie selection is pretty limited. I'm most excited about the Charcoal Gray/Silver Grenadine. I could have really used that one two weekends ago.

Enthusiasm

Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i must say, one of the many great things about the hobers, is that tie such a consistently great knot.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i must say, one of the many great things about the hobers, is that tie such a consistently great knot.

+ 1000

This aspect alone has spoiled me. In fact, the tie I am wearing today is not a Hober and when I tied it up this morning I found myself thinking that the knot was ok...but it ain't a Hober knot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics