• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Collection of Sartorial Excellence 2008

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
sooooooooo....will Chuck be there?
devil.gif

Chuck is Everywhere.
devil.gif
Actually, I am trying to get him to come but everytime I click on the Live Help picture of him I get this message. "Sorry, no operators are available at the moment. Please try back later."
rimshot.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
oh Audrey, we hardly knew ye......

ok, enough of a derail, my fault, back to official Kabbazapalooza chat.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Kabbaz
That's right! You put yourself on the blacklist: You have opted-out of the Sartorial Excellence mailing list sometime during the past year. The Anti-Spam policies of Constant Contact will not let me add you back in. You've gotta do it yourself! You must go here and opt yourself back to the Sartorial Excellence Newsletter in or Constant Contact prevents us from sending the invitation.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm back on the newsletter mailing list (at least for a couple weeks
devil.gif
)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
No, that counts as trying too hard. Besides, the fact that you stay away is proof that you know your sleeve pitch sucks and you don't want to ruin your carefully cultivated -- but phony -- Internet reputation by displaying that to those in the know.

Fine, I'll come so that you guys can correct my sleeve pitch. I'll also bring along some real horn buttons so you can take the plastic ones off your suit.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thanks for the explanation. I'm back on the newsletter mailing list (at least for a couple weeks
devil.gif
)

Please request the invitation again. I accidentally opted out of your incoming request email.
devil.gif
devil.gif

madison avenue

Reaction score
I would like to come but seeing how I do not know anyone from here (in real life non internet format) I think it may be a little weird. What am I going to walk around the room and ask people " Excuse me are you on the Styleforum if so what is your user name"? It is tempting.....

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
I would like to come but seeing how I do not know anyone from here (in real life non internet format) I think it may be a little weird. What am I going to walk around the room and ask people " Excuse me are you on the Styleforum if so what is your user name"? It is tempting.....
It's just like going to a store. Look for an old guy with a beard and a tape measure around his neck. Take out a credit card and tell him you need a dozen pairs of cashmere socks. He'll introduce you to everyone.

And before I forget in the annual insanity of CSE, Happy Birthday, J!

khaki sack

Reaction score
Cigar Cases

Cigarcase72.jpg

Toothpick Cases

Toothpickcases72.jpg

I'm there. My question is, can I get these items in shell cordovan, and with tassels?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll be there on both days, around the afternoon.

JordanB

Reaction score
Women's loungewear and warmups.
Women's nightwear.
Women's pajamas.
Women's cashmere socks.
Women's intimates - everything from plain cotton ...
to adorned with Swarovsky crystals or pearls.
Women's blouses.
Tailor & shirtmaker who've been making women's clothing
for more than a quarter century.
Women's Gravati shoes.
Women's extrafine merino socks.
Women's silk scarves.
Women's cashmere scarves.
Women's over-the-knee socks.
Women's Cabretta Sheepskin gloves.
Women's Hand-beaded suede gloves.
Women's Cashmere Stoles.​

It's The Collection of Sartorial Excellence for ladies and gentlemen.

Bring your wife. Bring your S/O. Let her carry your AmEx.
devil.gif

And I'm changing my seminar presentation. What was formerly:

The Draughting of a Bespoke Shirt pattern
is now
The Draughting of a Bespoke Blouse pattern.

Very wise Alex. So there will be booze again this year to aid in the prying of the credit cards from our hands?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanB
Very wise Alex. So there will be booze again this year to aid in the prying of the credit cards from our hands?
I actually know a little something about cocktailistry and mixology, if you like for me to bartend? I'm bartending another shindig that weekend too.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanB
If there's enough left after paying for the hotel suite, I'll grab a couple of bottles of Mateus and Thunderbird on my way in Friday.
smile.gif

Actually ... all the white wine you can drink. Can't have red around the fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics