• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Chan roll-call

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I would, but then I'd just be reposting every single suit I have in my regular rotation
laugh.gif

Nonetheless, kudos to SF, I would have never discovered Chan without it.

yfyf,

I was under the impression you had your suits made by spencer hart on the row.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One suit

12 odd jackets (with the order I just placed Friday)

5 shirts

I probably would have ordered two jackets instead of one on Friday, but the situation was very annoying. The hotel room was very chaotic, and there were three women just yakking their fool heads off very loudly. Had I not been so distracted and annoyed, I almost certainly would have ordered two jackets. I ordered a brown Donegal tweed hacking jacket from the Sherry II tweed book this time around. Since I am retiring in less than a year, I am not sure how frequently I'll be dealing with Chan in the future.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 suits
lots of shirts.

I'm unemployed at the moment and will be picking up only shirts tomorrow.

I discovered them through SF. Thanks guys.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
yfyf,

I was under the impression you had your suits made by spencer hart on the row.

Haha, I wish. The GBP exchange as it is right now it's a bit difficult to justify, but I do have quite a few Spencer Hart suits. Their silhouette has shortened these last two years making their current RTW very attractive to me.

I have a lot of Chans but I have other stuff too. Spencer Hart, Jil Sander, Miu Miu, Thom Browne, Dries van Noten etc. I need variety, I have a very short attention span.

vinshter

Reaction score
1 suit
1 pair of trousers
lots of shirts (20+)

I basically left my first suit up to them to make. Raymond Kiang was Patrick Chu's predecessor. Nice cloth, nice construction, fit was good, but it didn't have the look that I get from a well-fitting OTR italian make.

I don't know if I'll get another suit from them, but if I do, I'll be much more specific about what I want. Customer service has been great.

I've been very happy with their shirts. Most shirtings have worked out pretty well. The construction is good. I've never had a problem with a Chan shirt. When I first started getting shirts, they ran about $60 or so. During my last purchase in January, I think they were between $100-$150. When I asked Denny on the phone last week, he told me the shirts were "around $150". I'll be meeting with them tomorrow for couple of shirts, but it might be my last order for a while. I like the shirt pattern they have for me on file, but I'm tempted to look for a cheaper option -- or even go off the rack and get it altered.

Deipnosophist

Reaction score
Haha, I wish. The GBP exchange as it is right now it's a bit difficult to justify, but I do have quite a few Spencer Hart suits. Their silhouette has shortened these last two years making their current RTW very attractive to me.

I have a lot of Chans but I have other stuff too. Spencer Hart, Jil Sander, Miu Miu, Thom Browne, Dries van Noten etc. I need variety, I have a very short attention span.

I'm so f**king jealous of your wardrobe
smile.gif
I've just done a week of work at a law firm for some summer money (click) and the money is meant to be going towards a holiday with friends, but all I want to do is buy suits, shirts and ties with it. And I'm 17, oh dear
smile.gif

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
You know, this thread would be a lot better with some photos.

OK. Here are photos of my Chans, from most recent to oldest.

Worsted/silk odd jacket in the Holland & Sherry Eutopia.

hpim2591rj1.jpg

Three piece in the Holland & Sherry Crispaire.

hpim1901dd2.jpg

Three piece in the Holland & Sherry John Cooper Vintage.

hpim1412wf7.jpg

DB in VBC worsted/mohair.

Pics were too large. So here's the link. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21694

Blazer in VBC worsted.

Link. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21805

DB in VBC worsted.

Link. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=12207

SB in the Charles Clayton super 150.

Link. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=11721

Can't find a pic of the first suit, after it was re-done. Edit: Here's the best I can find, not showing much of the suit, though:

hpim0014qn3.jpg

minimal

Reaction score
myself: 1 suit (on deck: trousers, coat, another suit)
my dad (recently introduced): 1 suit

hmhill

Reaction score
Suits: 4 suits with 1 on order

1 Solid Navy (VBC)
1 Solid Charcoal (H & S)
1 Glen Plaid Grey (Scabal)
1 Solid Tan Gaberdine (H & S)
1 Oxford Grey 3-piece (H & S Crispaire). My recent ordered which was inspired by Vintage Gent's 3 piece Crispaire. I ordered an extra pair of stripe trousers so I can wear the jacket as a stroller.

1 Navy Blazer Mohair (Scabal)

4 shirts

Max

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice VG, I particularly like the one buttons, especially the H&S John Cooper Vintage. That shade of blue is quite beautiful. Is it a midnight blue? Do they still carry it in their books?

Thanks. The Cooper Vintage is actually a dark navy. I don't know if Chan still carries it. They did as of March 2007.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
11 shirts. I want to take the suit plunge and likely will on my next HK visit.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those 1 button jakcets a lot VG. You guys are making a real strong case for me on my next few suits to go with Chan instead of keep buying high end RTW on discout.
Can I still stay @ low 1k range if I go with the HS fabrics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads