• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$180.00 Custom Tailored Suit Pics

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Blah blah, people made personal attacks, that's a lot different than criticizing the suit thank you. Thanks for the tips Michael. I'm glad it wasn't just my mediocre tie tying skills that made it shorter haha. By L.A. you mean Los Angeles, or Louisiana? If Los Angeles I actually have family in Oxnard. I'll also be taking your advice on how clean the shirts; I'm a little confused on the bar of soap, but I'm going to the store now to look. Learning to iron however, will be another story. I think I'll start with some crappy shirts at first.
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Shoulder holsters are WAY cooler. Especially with a 3-piece.
Is this that suspender looking thing you see detectives wear on TV and whatnot? Also, regarding the souvenir shop, they carry religious word carvings. They're staff is mixed from Nepal, and India; not sure about the owner however. Whoever said they enlisted me to sell is wrong too; it was simply word of mouth recommendation. Damn, now you guys have me thinking haha. I've been wanting to purchase a hand gun for awhile now. I'm a pretty poor shot with anything but a shotgun (skeet shooting), so I definitely would need some practice before I started actually carrying. Anyway more pics coming as soon as I get back, I need batteries for my camera. I'll use my camera's timer the best I can for full pics. Wish the light was better. (P.S.: bottom button wasn't buttoned, c'mon that's like suit wearing 101)

TGPlastic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
gen-sign.jpg

goldenargosy.jpg

Maybe I should disambiguate. I don't want my sarcasm to send anybody down the wrong path. Never by gems in Thailand thinking that you are getting a helluva a deal unless you really and truly know what you are buying. By that I mean not unless you learned extensively about gems in your home country and know what makes the good ones good. The gems for export game is such a classic scam. So many people get ripped right by the Royal Palace in BKK.

The exact same can be said for suits. If you don't know what a quality suit is before you get there then the Thai tailor shop that just roped you in from the noodle stand is not the place to learn. You will end up buying a cheap suit that is actually overpriced!

Last advice: keep that ugly suit away from open flame. That poly blend might just explode!

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knyteguy...L.A. is Los Angeles...specifically the Westside. Oxnard is a mere 58 miles away I wouldn't take any bar of soap to clean the collar or other dirt on your shirt. Here in Los Angeles, there are specially bars of soap for this. Its also a little bit of extra work but if you use the search function on SF or AAAC under the area of shirt laundering, you can see the experiences of other members There is also the following article by Alexander Kabbaz (fellow forumite member and considered by many to be the finest shirt maker in the world) http://www.customshirt1.com/ASK/laund01.html Someone suggested linen for Thailand...a good idea and start with tobacco brown. If possible, try a heavier linen weight say 13-15oz for better longevity and it won't crease as much, than say the very tempting featherweight 7-9oz. Only a few of the Detectives that I deal with in the criminal courts wear shoulder harnesses for their handguns...and usually they are the older ones. I experimented with this but found it bulges out to much to keep it from being discreet. The Detectives care little about being discreet since they walk around with their badge showing and I can see them from a mile away To answer another's previous post as to custom pockets in the trouser, a number of tailors have had previous clients who tried different approaches for their security needs and I just pickybacked on these ideas...there is no perfect approach and I'm always experimenting something new since I wear suspenders which at times when I don't practice for a while, can get in the way and slow down my draw...a potentially fatal problem when an emergency arises It would be great to hear from Despos, a Tailor or Edwin Deboise on bespoke trousers with firearm solutions

PainZtaking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TGPlastic
The quote is, I think, dead on. I've been going to Thailand for years. There are maybe a couple of reasonably good tailors in Thailand and they don't do internet orders! They certainly don't enlist the help of pathetic shills like the OP.

Any tailor who chases you down on the street in the various tourist ghettos isn't worth a damn. Same goes for any tailor that you find based on the good word of your tuk tuk driver. They all get their shoddy work done by the same sweatshop factories. They all use inferior materials. They all lie about what they are selling.

Maybe you would like to buy some gem stones while you are there? You can make a fortune importing them to the USA and Europe.

Choke
dee farang kee nock

โชคดีฝรั่งขี้นก

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Inf
Texan here, and yes it's a consideration in buying clothes sometimes... I stretched out the waistband on a pair of raw denim jeans once when I was carrying with an "inside the waistband" holster. It was a bummer.

Really? Have you ever had trousers made up to account for a firearm?

Don't know if I could do that for the one that I currently own - .357 mag 5-shot Ruger. Might be a little too obvious.
wink.gif

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
Really? Have you ever had trousers made up to account for a firearm?

Don't know if I could do that for the one that I currently own - .357 mag 5-shot Ruger. Might be a little too obvious.
wink.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Not too far away at all then, Michael. Interesting. I'll try those searches. As far as being a little more work... well I've always believed the things worth doing usually are, especially to get the results you want. I'll also check out the article from Kabbaz. Thank you for the tips
smile.gif
. Ya I'm definitely starting to consider a lighter suit, I'm burning up just trying these on for the pictures, and I'm not even going outside haha. I might pick up one more Wool charcoal grey suit from these guys, and I'll get quoted on a linen. I will be needing a good business suit for here very soon I suspect. And all I can say is it would still be extremely bad ass pardon my french to have a custom gun pocket in my trousers. I'm going in next week to pick up a few miscellaneous goods from my tailor, and I'll have to speak to them about this. Naked do you have your CW permit, or do you own for home protection etc? Either way a 357 is a very fun gun to shoot; my good friend back home and I always go shooting with his. Now for the pics. Constructive criticism again, welcomed and appreciated; keyword however being constructive. Also, 1 pic of my corduroy sports jacket / blazer thingy (2 button), and 4 pairs of tailored jeans which I am VERY happy with. The one that is closest to OP picture is the corduroy jacket. P.S. Shirt collar on this particular shirt is a little off. Not sure why, the collars on the others are a little shorter, gonna need to have em fix it next week. Something just looks off from the back shots. Maybe it's just me, but anyone more knowledgeable might know.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice protein, do you like jagerbombs by chance, and did you just get a new haircut?

aavlee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Nice protein, do you like jagerbombs by chance, and did you just get a new haircut?

Quote for emphasis.

Anyways, judging from the photo of the back of the suit, it doesn't look like it fits at all. There's tons of scrunching everywhere.

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Thanks, I personally really like the taste; and it works well too imo. Do you workout too? What do you use? I don't really drink much anymore, but I used to really like em ya
devil.gif
. Nah on the haircut, why do you ask? PS.: Michael I was curious what you do to be working with detectives and stuff. If you don't mind me asking, sounds kinda cool heh.
Originally Posted by Avalee
Anyways, judging from the photo of the back of the suit, it doesn't look like it fits at all. There's tons of scrunching everywhere.
Ya wish I had been able to see that during the fitting. What's your opinion here, maybe a little too small? And if so, small in what area? Thanks. (This may have been my error, I did ask for it to be extremely fitted)

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Deputy Public Defender...I'm a criminal defense lawyer appointed by the county to represent folks accussed of serious crimes.

I don't work with Detectives, the Prosecutor..aka District Attorney, is aligned with them. My experiences with them is that at times I take their criminal cases apart and show reasonable doubt before a jury. Many times I just sit there, have little to say and the jury finds my client guilty, he gets life in prison...all because the Detectives did a good job and my client's signed video taped confession torpedoed the case before I was ever appointed. I don't despise them but my job exists to routinely go through their cases to see if a jury would acquit my client

I like the idea of an odd corduroy jacket...just don't get those leather elbow patches and make sure you use heavy corduroy in the range of 13-16oz as lighter weight stuff feels great but wears away quite fast...definitley get a range of 2-3 corduroy trousers in different colors.

If possible upgrade to a better cameras as my garbage iPhone camera takes better pictures of yours

Glad to see some shots had you buttoning your collar shirt button...but on the back shots, you forgot to roll your collar all the way down so that your grey/silver tie doesn't show...you'll get better with time

If you will be in Thailand for much longer...go back to your tailor and have them do more fittings to adjust the back of your suit...way too much excess cloth. If they refuse to do this make sure you give them no more business and take it to another tailor more willing to do fittings.

A lot of the Thai suits that I've run across in L.A. are disappointing...but now and then I run into some well fitting clothes and I've learned what helped out was that the person wearing the clothes was in Thailand for a few months and able to work in more fittings

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, how do I always miss these things?
laugh.gif

Anyway Knyt, you need to grow thicker skin. Like Joe said, they're harsh because they care. Stick around here for another 3 months or so and you'll understand why everyone is so harsh. When you put yourself out there like that you have to be willing to take critisim, even if it is personal.

When I first started my business, guys here told me my website sucked. And you know what? They were right. I took some suggestions and the website now looks 10000000x, I ******** with 4 women a night, and drive a Rocket Car!

Thanks style forum!
bounce2.gif

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Interesting Michael, you seem to put Detectives in kind of a bad light. It does sound a little biased though. Seems odd they go for a confession without even contact a lawyer. I'm sure the DA looks good with stuff like that though... Anyway ya definitely going to talk to them, I wish I knew exactly what needed to be fixed, but I don't. I have talked to them about return business, so it would be bad on their part if they aren't willing to make a few adjustments. I'm pretty sure they will though, as stated the sales guy I've worked with seems to be a good honest man. And ya... definitely no on the leather elbows on the corduroy haha. I hadn't really thought about corduroy trousers, but I very well may try some out; I used to love em when I was younger. Oh and you're right about the collar. I thought it was a shirt flaw, but upon putting it away I noticed you're completely right haha. I knew it looked funny. The damn things are so much stiffer than I'm used, and I'm trying to be gentle.
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Oh man, how do I always miss these things?
laugh.gif
Anyway Knyt, you need to grow thicker skin. Like Joe said, they're harsh because they care. Stick around here for another 3 months or so and you'll understand why everyone is so harsh. When you put yourself out there like that you have to be willing to take critisim, even if it is personal. When I first started my business, guys here told me my website sucked. And you know what? They were right. I took some suggestions and the website now looks 10000000x, I ******** with 4 women a night, and drive a Rocket Car! Thanks style forum!
bounce2.gif

Man, no offense, but I'm not gonna take crap from people like Eason on the internet, in real life, or anywhere else for that matter. I am willing to take criticism, but he was straight up trolling, there's a difference. Easy to do when he won't even put himself out there himself, which tells me just how weak he really is. I'd guess I'd need thicker skin if I actually took offense to it. I didn't; after all the women love my humble beard, his opinion on this matter is meaningless to me
smile.gif
. P.S.: I dabble in the Web Design / Consulting business myself, mind if I check your site(s)?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knyteguy
Naked do you have your CW permit, or do you own for home protection etc? Either way a 357 is a very fun gun to shoot; my good friend back home and I always go shooting with his.

I have a CC (concealed carry) permit. Since I was probably 15 or 16, I periodically went target shooting with my Dad and it's become a hobby for me. The .357 is a magnum, but when you're shooting tons of rounds in the range, you typically shoot .38's, as they are much cheaper than magnum rounds when you're shooting at a paper cutout. I've got the permit, but I'm not sure that I've ever actually carried the weapon anywhere. Unless I'm going to the range, it pretty much stays locked in a safe.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

That's, 6, count 'em 6, shots. IT'S A MOVIE -- IT'S NOT REAL!!!! Mine's a 5-er... and a revolver
wink.gif

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knyteguy
Not too far away at all then, Michael. Interesting.

I'll try those searches. As far as being a little more work... well I've always believed the things worth doing usually are, especially to get the results you want. I'll also check out the article from Kabbaz. Thank you for the tips
smile.gif

Ya I'm definitely starting to consider a lighter suit, I'm burning up just trying these on for the pictures, and I'm not even going outside haha. I might pick up one more Wool charcoal grey suit from these guys, and I'll get quoted on a linen. I will be needing a good business suit for here very soon I suspect.

And all I can say is it would still be extremely bad ass pardon my french to have a custom gun pocket in my trousers. I'm going in next week to pick up a few miscellaneous goods from my tailor, and I'll have to speak to them about this.

Naked do you have your CW permit, or do you own for home protection etc? Either way a 357 is a very fun gun to shoot; my good friend back home and I always go shooting with his.

Now for the pics. Constructive criticism again, welcomed and appreciated; keyword however being constructive.

Also, 1 pic of my corduroy sports jacket / blazer thingy (2 button), and 4 pairs of tailored jeans which I am VERY happy with. The one that is closest to OP picture is the corduroy jacket.

P.S. Shirt collar on this particular shirt is a little off. Not sure why, the collars on the others are a little shorter, gonna need to have em fix it next week. Something just looks off from the back shots. Maybe it's just me, but anyone more knowledgeable might know.

Holy Hell.

I think you need to remove the words "custom" and "tailored" from your thread.

There aren't enough words in human language to properly destroy this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads