• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$180.00 Custom Tailored Suit Pics

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
haters.gif

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knyteguy
Is this that suspender looking thing you see detectives wear on TV and whatnot?
Yes, that's the one. I think they're cool, especially in DC. Everyone things you're an FBI agent.
Originally Posted by aavlee
Quote for emphasis. Anyways, judging from the photo of the back of the suit, it doesn't look like it fits at all. There's tons of scrunching everywhere.
Oh yeah, it's pretty bad back, shoulders, arms, underarms there, based on the pictures. I'm not a tailor but it's a poorly made suit. Seriously, no joke, you would have been better off going to Target! It was just put together all wrong, I don't think it can even be fixed. Get a refund if you can and chalk it up to a lesson learned, I've made my fair share of mistakes in the past. Learn before you buy... you wouldn't buy a car or even a TV like you bought this suit, would you?
Originally Posted by JoshuaCEO
nice suits! u can buy these online?
No, it's not. How are you a CEO and don't know what a proper suit looks like? Type stuff like again and Obama will personally abort 1,000 fetuses with his bare hands. You have a lot to learn before you can chime in.
smile.gif

penguin vic

Reaction score
Sorry but the suits look pretty disastrous. Given you've been lurking here a while, I'm surprised you consider them to be good. I'm not even sure where to start with a critique...

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by penguin vic
Sorry but the suits look pretty disastrous. Given you've been lurking here a while, I'm surprised you consider them to be good. I'm not even sure where to start with a critique...

I really don't see what the big problem is to be honest... That man with the custom "Paul Chang" suit also had scrunching in the back. It wasn't nearly as scrutinized, like at all. I agree, it definitely should look a little cleaner in the back. I can still pull of a professional, stylish look with it, which is the important thing to me.

Perhaps you could give me your opinions on the rest of the suit though, how do the shoulders look, chest, etc.

I usually have a pretty good sense of style, since it's something I've always found important; and I like my suits. I tried on a few Armani suits at a Sax 5th outlet store (in Oxnard actually) about a year back, and I honestly like these ones just as much. Though again, I admit the back could use some work.

I'm very curious if I had lied, and said the suit cost $900, or even $1500 from a custom tailor in the US or something if the criticism had been nearly as harsh. Psychology of a cheap price tag may play a small part here I think.

Though I may be missing something drastic here, so specifics are definitely welcome
wink.gif

Regardless, these are my very first suits, but absolutely not my last. In my opinion, men of all status and employment should have at least 1 suit. I really look forward to expanding my collection in the coming years. I just can't wait to start university, and get a job where I can wear a suit every day haha.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't see what the big problem is to be honest... That man with the custom "Paul Chang" suit also had scrunching in the back. It wasn't nearly as scrutinized, like at all. I agree, it definitely should look a little cleaner in the back. I can still pull of a professional, stylish look with it, which is the important thing to me.

To address your latest comments:
There is a huge difference between a Paul Chang suit and yours. There is also a big difference in how the poster who had the Pual Chang suit made, approached his thread.
Honestly, if you had paid $1K for this suit, you would have been butchered even worse.

Perhaps you could give me your opinions on the rest of the suit though, how do the shoulders look, chest, etc.

I usually have a pretty good sense of style, since it's something I've always found important; and I like my suits. I tried on a few Armani suits at a Sax 5th outlet store (in Oxnard actually) about a year back, and I honestly like these ones just as much. Though again, I admit the back could use some work.

Armani? What does that mean?

I'm very curious if I had lied, and said the suit cost $900, or even $1500 from a custom tailor in the US or something if the criticism had been nearly as harsh. Psychology of a cheap price tag may play a small part here I think.

Again if ou paid that much, you would have been filleted and packed in spring water.

Though I may be missing something drastic here, so specifics are definitely welcome
wink.gif

Regardless, these are my very first suits, but absolutely not my last. In my opinion, men of all status and employment should have at least 1 suit. I really look forward to expanding my collection in the coming years. I just can't wait to start university, and get a job where I can wear a suit every day haha.

Please do not be so definsive, it will not help you and you will not garner the education you seem to seek. If you are hear to brag about your inexpensive suits, please realize you did not go about it in a way that was going to succeed. That said, I think its great you are interested in suits and hope you do learn what the hallmarks of fine tailoring is and can incorporate some of this in the future.

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Please do not be so definsive, it will not help you and you will not garner the education you seem to seek. If you are hear to brag about your inexpensive suits, please realize you did not go about it in a way that was going to succeed. That said, I think its great you are interested in suits and hope you do learn what the hallmarks of fine tailoring is and can incorporate some of this in the future.
Nah, not here to brag, no point. It's just hard to discern genuine scrutiny and people being rude trying to be funny or something. When someone says it's a horrible suit and doesn't say why, it's just meaningless really and doesn't help. Perhaps I am getting a little defensive though, I'll try to stop that. Thanks for the heads up.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wink.gif

I'm sorry, but he is right:

Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Oh yeah, it's pretty bad back, shoulders, arms, underarms there, based on the pictures. I'm not a tailor but it's a poorly made suit. Seriously, no joke, you would have been better off going to Target! It was just put together all wrong, I don't think it can even be fixed. Get a refund if you can and chalk it up to a lesson learned, I've made my fair share of mistakes in the past. Learn before you buy... you wouldn't buy a car or even a TV like you bought this suit, would you?

Btw, Eason has posted pics here... have a look at the WAYWT-thread in SW&D.

litho

Reaction score
that suit isn't custom made. not for you, at least

penguin vic

Reaction score
I really don't see what the big problem is to be honest...

I can still pull of a professional, stylish look with it, which is the important thing to me.

If you think you can, then just wear it and more power to you.

Spend some time looking at the pics in the WAYWT thread - voxsartoria, phat guido, bmulford, tc houston. All these guys have different styles but their clothes generally fit very, very well. Then have a look at your photos. If you can't tell a trainwreck when you see one, there's very little point in me explaining one to you. Maybe I lack patience or am uncharitable, I'm sure there are others on SF that don't / aren't.

Then just wear them and don't listen to what anyone on here says.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not too far away at all then, Michael. Interesting. I'll try those searches. As far as being a little more work... well I've always believed the things worth doing usually are, especially to get the results you want. I'll also check out the article from Kabbaz. Thank you for the tips
smile.gif
. Ya I'm definitely starting to consider a lighter suit, I'm burning up just trying these on for the pictures, and I'm not even going outside haha. I might pick up one more Wool charcoal grey suit from these guys, and I'll get quoted on a linen. I will be needing a good business suit for here very soon I suspect. And all I can say is it would still be extremely bad ass pardon my french to have a custom gun pocket in my trousers. I'm going in next week to pick up a few miscellaneous goods from my tailor, and I'll have to speak to them about this. Naked do you have your CW permit, or do you own for home protection etc? Either way a 357 is a very fun gun to shoot; my good friend back home and I always go shooting with his. Now for the pics. Constructive criticism again, welcomed and appreciated; keyword however being constructive. Also, 1 pic of my corduroy sports jacket / blazer thingy (2 button), and 4 pairs of tailored jeans which I am VERY happy with. The one that is closest to OP picture is the corduroy jacket. P.S. Shirt collar on this particular shirt is a little off. Not sure why, the collars on the others are a little shorter, gonna need to have em fix it next week. Something just looks off from the back shots. Maybe it's just me, but anyone more knowledgeable might know.

Would you please take a picture of the part underneath the collar (lift the collar up and take a picture of what lies beneath) to display the lack of felt under the collar? Thank you.

awxg

Reaction score

I think you'd get more flak for paying that much for such a suit that looked like that.

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Would you please take a picture of the part underneath the collar (lift the collar up and take a picture of what lies beneath) to display the lack of felt under the collar? Thank you.
No felt under there, not sure what that means? I've never had a shirt with felt under the collar.
Originally Posted by awxg
I think you'd get more flak for paying that much for such a suit that looked like that.
Well, that's good at least haha.
Originally Posted by Sander
I'm sorry, but he is right: Btw, Eason has posted pics here... have a look at the WAYWT-thread in SW&D.
I didn't see that part from Joe actually. This is somewhat unfortunate, waste of good vacation funds I guess. Oh well, I'm too stubborn to get rid of em, so they'll be my business attire while doing web design haha, works for me I guess. However, this motivates me to get a nice suit very soon; after again looking at some pictures I'm pretty much seeing the bad fit. Sucks but ya like Joe said, lesson learned. At least the shirts are decent enough, especially at only $20.00 a piece. Oh, and Eason has NO right saying I look like a Backstreet Boy being baby faced like that. If I'm AJ you're Nick Carter (ps I actually had to look that up on google images to even know the names or the people) and that's 'nuff said. On this note, check out the WAWT in SW&D in a little bit, I'll post some pics of how I like to normally dress. Hopefully the critiquing is a little higher praised!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No felt under there, not sure what that means? I've never had a shirt with felt under the collar.

Sorry - I should have been more specific -- I meant the suit jacket collar. Is there felt under the suit jacket collar? If so, can we see pics of that? You can tell a lot about the quality of the suit from that...

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
That's, 6, count 'em 6, shots. IT'S A MOVIE -- IT'S NOT REAL!!!! Mine's a 5-er... and a revolver
wink.gif

I posted it because he has a suit and a gun, and you were previously talking about a suit and gun. I know the difference between a revolver and a auto. Also while it is a movie his technique is very real. Obviously you know nothing about CCB pistol shooting, it was a classic mozambique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads