• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the black and greet khadis, as well as the coyote. It seems like my black ones are a bit tighter than the green, but I think it's probably just your typical differences from construction.

I wouldn't size up from the coyote - they seem to pretty much fit the same, it's just the khadi is a significantly more substantial fabric than the coyote. That being said, I have all three of the jains in XXL, where I've only taken XL in 18 east pants on everything else. They do run slimmer than usual compared to other 18 east pants I'd say.

I'll also say I'm in love with the khadi jians - have been wearing the green ones like crazy. Great pants!
Funny, I just got my green in today and they're tighter than my black ones, and not as tapered, to the point that I have to return them. Also the medium Sam has shorter sleeves than another medium Sam I have so it needs to go back too (sleeves too short). Really bummed nothing worked out.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, I just got my green in today and they're tighter than my black ones, and not as tapered, to the point that I have to return them. Also the medium Sam has shorter sleeves than another medium Sam I have so it needs to go back too (sleeves too short). Really bummed nothing worked out.
How short were the sleeves? Did they match the size chart?

karmaguy

Reaction score
sorry for being that guy but debating S vs M in the Roomet work shirt sizing. I usually go with a L in Iron heart etc but I’m 5’8 ish 145lbs and the 18east sizing has me thinking S but…I love me a boxy loose fit so…am I crazy to go for M? Again, apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam but any advice or direction is appreciate

AW84

Reaction score
sorry for being that guy but debating S vs M in the Roomet work shirt sizing. I usually go with a L in Iron heart etc but I’m 5’8 ish 145lbs and the 18east sizing has me thinking S but…I love me a boxy loose fit so…am I crazy to go for M? Again, apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam but any advice or direction is appreciate
I can’t imagine you’d want to size down too much from Ironheart. I had one of their UHFs in 2XL that was too small for me after I washed it. I’m an XL in most brands - including 18E - for a comfortable/relaxed fit.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I have a medium Roomet in the washed denim and I’d say it fits like a just slightly boxier medium from just about any other brand. If anything, the sleeves are slightly shorter than most retailers (which is great for me personally) but the length is bang on what you’d expect from that size. I can’t compare to iron heart but I’d recommend the same sized you’d grab in, say, a jcrew or something, and just know you’ll get a boxier version with a slightly dropped shoulder in a much better fabric.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Surprised those gold and indigo new Roomet shirts aren't flying off the selves. Better hurry before I swoop in.

Pollica jacket is awesome too, like owning a bit of history.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@malcb33 nope. Didn’t order but I’d just go with large, which I think is my 18east size nowadays. With the exception of pants I may go down to medium.

I’m 5’9 and hovering around 160lbs +/-. Lanky arms I guess and long torso. Usually take medium in other things or size 38 jacket. I’d size up from there depending on desired fit.

Edit: I think some of the models at my height and size up to XL fwiw.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy my NWT green khadi M sam jacket and L jian pants? They didn't work out for me - I've been buying less often from 18 East so I don't want store credit. Paid $285 and would take $260 shipped OBO in the CONUS.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised those gold and indigo new Roomet shirts aren't flying off the selves. Better hurry before I swoop in.

Pollica jacket is awesome too, like owning a bit of history.

i went to the studio to check out the new stuff and those stood out — they feel so nice. ordered the faded indigo but they all look awesome

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the faded indigo and navy/cherry.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went to the studio to check out the new stuff and those stood out — they feel so nice. ordered the faded indigo but they all look awesome
Any chance you saw/ tried on the Buri vest? Really curious about the fit of this one.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It fits nice man. Nothing too crazy. Just relaxed but with a narrow enough shoulder that it isn’t wingy.
Thanks for the feedback! I’m really digging this fit, which pushed me to go for it.

37AD2855-568A-4E1F-8C11-698E74D41E57.jpeg

I’m a little concerned that the XL had a ptp of 24.5” which seemed a little on the small side, for this type of look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads