• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thuya pre-orders returnable? Never dialed in my size.
I think it's best to wait until they're in stock, no? Pre-orders are best when familiar with fit/sizing already

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am really, really excited about all of these shearling options from James Grose. More styles. More leathers. This is the Monster Jam of shearling pre-orders. As you may have seen from some of our teasers, we'll be offering two new styles of shearling jacket: the RAF inspired IRVIN and the everyday LUNCH jacket. We're also offering the double-rider again in case you missed out on it the first time, since those went fast.

View attachment 1125020 View attachment 1125019

First up is the IRVIN. This one is inspired by a RAF flight jacket that the James Grose team have in their archives, and is just a monster of a coat. It's available in this brown Nappa and I'm pretty sure the collar is made from pure, distilled badassness. Please note in these pictures that I'm wearing a size too large, which is to say a 40 instead of my preferred 38 from James Grose. It's slightly off-menu, but if you'd like this one can also be made up in black Nappa/black shearling.

If you want to see their photos of the vintage jacket that inspired them, they're in the spoiler below:

View attachment 1125027 View attachment 1125026

Next up is the other new style, the LUNCH jacket. I'm not entirely sure where it got its name, but it is the sort of jacket you can see yourself wearing any day, every day, so maybe it's as reliable as lunch. We're offering this in the gold suede with off-white shearling (as seen on me) or black suede with black shearling (the same as our current shearling DR seen in the close-up photo above).

View attachment 1125028 View attachment 1125029

While we don't have photos of it, we're also offering the LUNCH jacket in black Nappa with black shearling, or brown Nappa on brown as seen in the swatches above.

View attachment 1125030 View attachment 1125031

The final option is a re-issue of our Double Rider style, in all of the suede and Nappa options seen above. This one is super-cool, and found a very loyal following this past fall/winter. If you have one, be sure to post your pics in this thread! Pictured above are the suede one we stocked (now also available in gold suede with off-white shearling), as well as the Nappa one we offered for pre-orders (now available in brown Nappa with brown shearling.

The fine print:

These pre-orders are for FW19, with delivery expected in September - October 2019. We ask for 50% deposit now to secure your style and fabric choice, with the other 50% due upon receipt in the fall.

Lastly, be sure to remember to apply code PREORDER15 at the checkout page for your pre-order discount!

Are there measurements? I have no idea what size I would be.

My true measurements are: chest 44”, waist (narrowest): 35-36”, waist (trouser): 37.5”, hips: 42-3”, neck 16”.

I rarely buy anything mto / rtw anymore, & lost 30 pounds (neck size went from 17.5” to 16”).

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to take the conversation away from preorders but what size do you take in the Ikiji "typewriter" Blouson @gdl203

Measurement chart is confusing me

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna hold out and regret it. Mostly because I'm going to Italy and I need money for that haha

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. I’d love a Clint and would probably go for one of those Inis sweaters but I’m in the midst of looking for a new job and have no idea what I’ll have to wear to work in 3-6 months. Might have to direct funds to new work attire if necessary.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to take the conversation away from preorders but what size do you take in the Ikiji "typewriter" Blouson @gdl203

Measurement chart is confusing me
The largest size (4)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a measurment chart for the valstar overcoat anywhere?

33B62B67-BB74-4C73-BEAF-795F22172719.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads