• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer what size did you go in the fujito pocket t’s? You’re a 40 in tailoring right? Many thanks

I went with a 3. I am happy with my decision. The fabric is a bit showy - as sweater type fabrics often are - so I am happy I erred on the side of comfortable.

this is one of your best

Thanks, @ThinkDerm - I felt that picture showed how well that suit "moves" - which is often hard to capture.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nailed it. As someone who used to troll B&S all day back in the glory days of 08-10, I think the only time I went on B&S in the past year was this week when one of you guys brought it up. And Im always looking for deals. We have something like 3 million page views a month on our auctions so there is no comparison to traffic.

As far as auction prices - yes, there is uncertainly but that could swing in either favor. Some do end lower, some do end way higher.

:slayer:

Cant wait to see it!

Definitely send an email first if theres something you're on the fence about - but if you're reading this thread, you probably already know mostly what we do and dont. For example, a borrelli shirt with light wear? Sure. Near mint J. Crew polo shirt? No.

Yes, we pay for shipping if you want anything returned.

Or this.

----

I got a bunch of emails from you guys, nice start! Will be getting back to you ASAP - we just started a long weekend in Bermuda, and the wifi is a bit spotty.

Also getting ready auctions to go live this evening - this one should look familiar? :D
View attachment 996856 View attachment 996857

This post just reminded me of the Inis pub jacket I never used.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Get ready for the first pre-orders of SS19 :slayer:

Blue Blue SS19 (28).JPG Blue Blue SS19 (38).JPG Blue Blue SS19 (23).JPG Blue Blue SS19 (32).JPG

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
And we're live! We know that these always go fast, so we wanted to offer pre-orders on the most popular styles we stock from Blue Blue Japan. all of these have a late February ship date, which means we should have them in your hands early March of 2019.

The thematic print this time is "sakura hana ikada" which literally translates to sakura "flower raft" and is exactly what it sounds like: when the sakura petals gather and float downstream together:

570066a490edb_570063c49be08_127506271.JPG

This is stylized into a blue and white/light blue print that came out very attractive, using the bassen relief style of dying.

We have this both as the ever-popular camp collar rayon shirt, but also as the lining for the reversible kimono jacket.

blue_blue_ss19_27_.jpg

Camp collar rayon shirt

blue_blue_ss19_22_.jpg

Reversible Kimono jacket

The second print is the over-all Mt. Fuji one, which is particularly glorious this time. While the Kimono jacket has the normal lining, the camp collar shirt is not made in the normal rayon but rather in chirimen, a traditional crafts and kimono fabric that we've featured previously.

blue_blue_ss19_37_.jpg

Chirimen camp collar shirt

blue_blue_87__1.jpg

Reversible kimono jacket

That should about cover it, and don't forget to use code PREORDER for 20% off now (and 20% off later).

To recap, there are two styles and two prints each, and delivery will be in early March. Measurements are given on each item page under the "Size & Fit" tab. The remainder will be paid then so no worries if your address changes in the meantime - you will have a chance to enter it again then. There is a discount of 20% off these preorders with code PREORDER. All styles can be seen here. If you have questions please post them in this thread, since it's likely someone else will have the same question.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the fragrance is that comes on the GI shirts? It smells awesome and I kind of want all of my clothes to smell like that.
My recollection from a discussion much earlier in the thread is it’s their own proprietary fragrance.[/QUOTE]

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahhhhhhh

AHHHHHHHH

Wow, those are cool. I'm feeling the first one more than the second.

I'm trying to tell myself that I don't need another kimono jacket... :decisions:

awesome ... i missed out on the prior kimono run.

how do people size these?

I'm TTS on both the first iteration of the Mt. Fuji shawl kimono jacket, as well as this season's Sakura Fubuki iteration. They should be sized the same, unless they tweaked the fit.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm TTS on both the first iteration of the Mt. Fuji shawl kimono jacket, as well as this season's Sakura Fubuki iteration. They should be sized the same, unless they tweaked the fit.

sorry to b edense but the sizes are only XS, S and M.

im typically a 36/small in most brands

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To elaborate:

I'd say I'm in-between Small and Medium - around a 37 inch chest. I'm a Small in most North American clothing brands, while I size up in some Japanese brands (Blue Blue Japan, pre-SS18 Wacko Maria) and other brands that carry things known to fit smaller, such as Merz B. Schwanen and Wings + Horns.

Normally you have to size up 1 in Blue Blue Japan. However, I've noticed that recent seasons have introduced clothing that have a more relaxed fit and don't require sizing up. I'd say that the kimono jacket is one of those items.

I own the Mt. Fuji one. It fits me well with a t-shirt or a button-up shirt without feeling constricted. I feel that it's supposed to have a relaxed, loose fit on the wearer. I've also tried on the sakura fubuki one this season at NMWA and it fits similarly. In the case of @Dusty Heaters, sizing down could be feasible chest-wise, but whether your arms can fit through the armholes is another matter that I don't have the answer to.

Assuming that @randomkoreandude has a 36 inch chest, an XS should work just fine.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
And we're live! We know that these always go fast, so we wanted to offer pre-orders on the most popular styles we stock from Blue Blue Japan. all of these have a late February ship date, which means we should have them in your hands early March of 2019.

The thematic print this time is "sakura hana ikada" which literally translates to sakura "flower raft" and is exactly what it sounds like: when the sakura petals gather and float downstream together:

570066a490edb_570063c49be08_127506271.JPG

This is stylized into a blue and white/light blue print that came out very attractive, using the bassen relief style of dying.

We have this both as the ever-popular camp collar rayon shirt, but also as the lining for the reversible kimono jacket.

blue_blue_ss19_27_.jpg

Camp collar rayon shirt

blue_blue_ss19_22_.jpg

Reversible Kimono jacket

The second print is the over-all Mt. Fuji one, which is particularly glorious this time. While the Kimono jacket has the normal lining, the camp collar shirt is not made in the normal rayon but rather in chirimen, a traditional crafts and kimono fabric that we've featured previously.

blue_blue_ss19_37_.jpg

Chirimen camp collar shirt

blue_blue_87__1.jpg

Reversible kimono jacket

That should about cover it, and don't forget to use code PREORDER for 20% off now (and 20% off later).

To recap, there are two styles and two prints each, and delivery will be in early March. Measurements are given on each item page under the "Size & Fit" tab. The remainder will be paid then so no worries if your address changes in the meantime - you will have a chance to enter it again then. There is a discount of 20% off these preorders with code PREORDER. All styles can be seen here. If you have questions please post them in this thread, since it's likely someone else will have the same question.

Pre-orders close EOD on Sunday, July 1st

I forgot the most important part! These pre-orders close end of day on Sunday, July 1st as I have to compile them and get the whole order over to Blue Blue Japan first thing Monday the 2nd.

konix

Reaction score
To elaborate:

I'd say I'm in-between Small and Medium - around a 37 inch chest. I'm a Small in most North American clothing brands, while I size up in some Japanese brands (Blue Blue Japan, pre-SS18 Wacko Maria) and other brands that carry things known to fit smaller, such as Merz B. Schwanen and Wings + Horns.

Normally you have to size up 1 in Blue Blue Japan. However, I've noticed that recent seasons have introduced clothing that have a more relaxed fit and don't require sizing up. I'd say that the kimono jacket is one of those items.

I own the Mt. Fuji one. It fits me well with a t-shirt or a button-up shirt without feeling constricted. I feel that it's supposed to have a relaxed, loose fit on the wearer. I've also tried on the sakura fubuki one this season at NMWA and it fits similarly. In the case of @Dusty Heaters, sizing down could be feasible chest-wise, but whether your arms can fit through the armholes is another matter that I don't have the answer to.

Assuming that @randomkoreandude has a 36 inch chest, an XS should work just fine.

That Mount Fuji jacket is bananas!

So are you a size small in the kimono jacket? I'm also a 37" chest so i'm debating between the XS and S but feel the S will be too long (I'm 5'6').

any sizing advice @conceptual 4est?

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
That Mount Fuji jacket is bananas!

So are you a size small in the kimono jacket? I'm also a 37" chest so i'm debating between the XS and S but feel the S will be too long (I'm 5'6').

any sizing advice @conceptual 4est?

It's going to be breezy and relaxed no matter what, so if you really want to reduce some of the length i'm sure you can wear an XS. Personally, I'd stick with the S and just roll with it though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads