• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see that; however, won't both belt and shoes age differently over time, thus developing slightly different patina?

Totally. My point is mostly that because perfect matching is not the goal, it's ok to even start with different shades.

fistbump.gif

Holy Man

Reaction score

Sometimes I take this a bit too far. Example from today:
Nice! I have a self-imposed rule: I'm only allowed one accent color on my outfit. I have a pair of the grey suede Heschungs, and as much as I would love to own a Farnese tubo, I have no intention of getting a matching belt because the shoes speak for themselves. I sometimes will make an exception, but generally, that's how I dress.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 @conceptual 4est
Gents...
Do you have any update on the Eidos preorder that was due in January?
Thanks

Yep - boxes are coming in. We should have all of them by Monday or Tuesday. We'll tabulate and send emails to everyone for balance and shipping address confirmation

Same for Rota btw - we just got a mountain of boxes from Rota, so we'll organize everything and email about pre-orders next week

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, I like that use of those shoes.

Thanks. They are a strong green that I tend to wear in much more casual settings, but I tried them out today specifically to see how they would do in a primarily brown setting (rather than the blues and grays I normally wear with them). Overall I think it isn't bad. I have a pair of brown cordovan wingtips in the office and I think they look "nicer," but they typically look nicer than just about anything else I can wear.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seeking the collective wisdom of the crowd here: Which belt goes best with the Vass cognac scotch grain Norweger, as shown below? I plan to wear these with the Rota light grey and fawn flannels, the sand cotton/linen mix, and denim. I was looking at the Farnese belts, but couldn't find any that matched the cognac color. Also curious to know if getting a belt in matching cognac scotch grain leather is perceived as trying too hard. Thoughts?
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...acco-brown-suede-tubo-tubular-dress-belt.html It took me awhile to decide, too. I think the suede provides enough texture and contrast, and in person the color is pretty similar without being same. Thank me later!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks. They are a strong green that I tend to wear in much more casual settings, but I tried them out today specifically to see how they would do in a primarily brown setting (rather than the blues and grays I normally wear with them). Overall I think it isn't bad. I have a pair of brown cordovan wingtips in the office and I think they look "nicer," but they typically look nicer than just about anything else I can wear.

Vintage Cantarelli circa 1st year NoMan, nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads