• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have last year's Palermo and recommend one size up from your Eidos suit size if you're wearing it over tailoring. That being said I'm not sure how the new fit Antonio was discussing will affect new sizing recs..

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the exact opposite of my experience 100% of the time I've done business with them. They usually ship same or next business day and the item arrives the following day in Boston. Email replies are often within the hour.

Speaking of which, Camoshita burgundy easy pants came in yesterday. Is it possible to fall in love with a pair of trousers?

Sound awesome, I've been considering them. Do you have any sizing advice compared to other NMWA brands like Eidos, Rota? I'm thinking if I'm a 50 (US 34), I'd take a 34 in Camoshita easy pants.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G. INGLESE FW17 PRE-ORDERS
Soktas Oxford 80/2 cotton fabric

Light blue striped oxford shirt, spread collar

Burgundy striped oxford shirt, buttoned collar

Redux fabrics

Hand-sewn pale blue end-on-end cotton shirt, spread collar
Tessituria Monti Ramses Classico 100/2 cotton fabric

Hand-sewn white end-on-end cotton shirt, spread collar
Tessituria Monti Ramses Classico 100/2 cotton fabric

PART DEUX - THE PARTIALLY HAND-MADE SHIRTS

Handsewn and shanked mother-of-pearl buttons with "crow foot" stitching; hand-attached sleeves, hand-sewn details on gussets

Green check cotton flannel shirt, buttoned collar
Tessituria Monti "Clark Melange" brushed cotton

Blue check cotton flannel shirt, buttoned collar

Brown, navy and rust plaid cotton flannel shirt, buttoned collar

Green & blue small check cotton shirt, buttoned collar
Grandi & Rubinelli "Jingle" cotton fabric

Cream, grey & orange check cotton shirt, buttoned collar
Grandi & Rubinelli "Scott Melange" cotton fabric

Cream, brown & blue tattersall cotton shirt, buttoned collar
Tessituria Monti "Brezza Twill" fabric

Redux fabrics

Purple and blue gingham shirt, buttoned collar
Canclini "Seattle" cotton fabric

Donegal chambray shirt, buttoned collar
Tessituria Monti "Oxford Pixel" cotton fabric

PART TRES - COTTON FLANNEL POLO SHIRTS

Our same polo shirt design but in a more luxurious soft brushed flannel fabric instead of the classic pique, including some darker colors for casual layering under a sport coat

Small soft spread collar. Handsewn and shanked mother-of-pearl buttons with "crow foot" stitching; hand-attached sleeves, hand-sewn details on gussets

Rust melange flannel polo shirt, soft collar

Green melange flannel polo shirt, soft collar

Brown melange flannel polo shirt, soft collar

Grey herringbone melange flannel polo shirt, soft collar

PRE-ORDERS OPEN UNTIL 2/13 AT MIDNIGHT ET

Last call for Inglese pre-orders

dolatron

Reaction score
Random question that I was hoping somebody in this thread would be able to help me with.

Really eyeing the Stephan Schneider conservation coat, but the sleeve is way too long. Would I have any luck at a tailor, or should I just give up hopes on this jacket?

should be an easy tailor job, can move the strap as well

My experience with the Memory coat: I had the sleeves taken in ~1in and the straps moved an inch as well. The tailor said that it was an relatively easy job and it came out great.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Palermo fit (along with many others) has been totally overhauled and is now based on Isaia's "colorado" model which fits on the slimmer side of TTS with the sleeve issue being completely resolved. If someone is a 50 in formosa I imagine the 52 will be just right.

The fit issues have been my biggest challenge with the brand but it is looking like they are mostly resolved starting with what is delivering now.

A
Antonio is the Palermo designed to fit over tailoring? Ie if I wear a 48 Formosa would a 50 Palermo comfortably fit over the suit jacket? Or would I need a 52?

Thanks! Great to hear about the sizing control

I have last year's Palermo and recommend one size up from your Eidos suit size if you're wearing it over tailoring. That being said I'm not sure how the new fit Antonio was discussing will affect new sizing recs..

I have an Isaia DB Casentino coat in the Colorado fit, size 42 and just tried it on over a S/S Eidos sport coat, also a 42. I thought it looked and felt damn good.

Last edited:

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA'ers - Could I ask for a little help please regarding sizing?

1. The Kaptain Sunshine Field Jacket in Grey - anyone have experience with sizing? Take normal SC/Suit size, or size down one for slimmer more unstructured look?

2. The LBM Double Uster coat - I think it runs small, so would normally size up one without layering, but if I wanted to wear over suit, then size up 2? So being suit size 52, go coat size 56? I think it's the way to go judging by the measurements but hoping to solicit some advice

Thanks in advance

R

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do not size down on the KS jacket. Take your normal size

Correct, 56 for the LBM coat if you wear 52 suits

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoying this Christian Kimber East London scarf. I especially like that it's double faced, has a contemporary graphic pattern and colors. It's good mixing modern touches in with my menswear. It keeps it fresh.

ScottMC

Reaction score
@gdl203 Is it possible to pre-order a Lorenzo odd trouser instead of Sal? Also, to dig up the horse for one more beating: the consensus is to size down for the Ulster coat since it runs large? Thanks.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203, along the same lines, any chance we can do a pre-order for the Sam pant fit in any of the casual fabrics?

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@gdl203
Is it possible to pre-order a Lorenzo odd trouser instead of Sal? Also, to dig up the horse for one more beating: the consensus is to size down for the Ulster coat since it runs large? Thanks.

Yes and yes.
@gdl203, along the same lines, any chance we can do a pre-order for the Sam pant fit in any of the casual fabrics?

No because Sam is no longer in the Eidos lineup

burghler

Reaction score
@gdl203 What's the difference between Eidos R and Short - length and sleeves only? Around 2cm each?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads