• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

marco_rol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DeSense View Post

Lol.

Ok. I'm in. Committed. Now we need the 2 (or 3?) from the Tweed camp to convert and we would have 7 (hoping that's ok for Greg).

@TweedCamp: How about it, gents? Change up from Tweed to Flannel?

I'm also going to post a new thread hoping to direct some people who haven't been following this thread to see if anyone else is interested.

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good thinking. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK. I ordered a Formosa suit so that I can try on the jacket. I'm most likely in for the Fox flannel then. A definite maybe. You know assuming everything goes well and such.

Waiting for the Irish sweater and other treats to be delivered today.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I order a Formosa suit and try the jacket on? I would be in for the blazer and delfino if the fit works. I would have to return the suit but I hate to trouble the good guys at NMWA.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm also going to post a new thread hoping to direct some people who haven't been following this thread to see if anyone else is interested.

Thanks, man.
Meanwhile I've just sent my order email to Greg.
Where are the Tweed guys?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gosh, I hope so. I'd hate to be banned before my Schneider preorder comes in.

In all seriousness, Greg's really the one to answer this, but I believe that as long as we don't abuse the privilege ordering to determine size with the intent to return is OK. At a certain point, it's the only way to find out what size in a given item fits you.

PMac

Reaction score
Gosh, I hope so. I'd hate to be banned before my Schneider preorder comes in.

In all seriousness, Greg's really the one to answer this, but I believe that as long as we don't abuse the privilege ordering to determine size with the intent to return is OK. At a certain point, it's the only way to find out what size in a given item fits you.

I did the same with some Rota trousers before placing an MTO order. Greg confirmed it was not an issue, in the end it turned into a sale of 3 pairs for NMWA.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aight, forex. there you have it. order a suit or suit, try em on, and then get in on the MTO. dooo eeeet.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK. I ordered a Formosa suit so that I can try on the jacket. I'm most likely in for the Fox flannel then. A definite maybe. You know assuming everything goes well and such.

Waiting for the Irish sweater and other treats to be delivered today.

Hope it works for you, Frank. :)
From all your very helpful fit pics it certainly seems like you have your sizing sorted in a wide range of items.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I order a Formosa suit and try the jacket on? I would be in for the blazer and delfino if the fit works. I would have to return the suit but I hate to trouble the good guys at NMWA.
Aren't you in NYC? I know you contacted me about Formosa bespoke here. If you're here, it's MUCH more efficient (and less costly for us) to come by and try sizes on.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not, I would have tried bespoke already if I was in NYC. I hate to travel for fittings but if RTW fits good then I'd go for it but I do understand that it is a completely unnecessary hassle for you guys. And I know the suit pants won't fit me based on those measurements!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads