• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tomsocal

Reaction score
Would it be possible to share accounts between the US and EU store? I’m considering ordering some items in the EU (and forward through family) as they’re not available in the US store anymore and would like to have a single rewards account.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No - it was most of the restocks fit the season, but we’re getting more new styles in the coming weeks.

It is an issue we’ve increasingly been struggling with, as it seems that consumer behavior is continuously getting worse for retailers. Return rate keeps going up year after year as it seems that “purchasing” something is no longer really making a purchase. It’s getting a free ride to just check out something in person at home. A huge waste of our money and time, carbon, boxes, etc…

30 days is also probably too long. At least for our business. We received something recently where the customer logged in his return exactly 30 days after purchase (reason: “changed my mind”) then waited another 2 weeks to ship it back (at our cost, of course). These actions cost literally 0 cents to him. But, beyond all the costs of shipping back and forth, that’s 6-7 weeks when we cannot sell this item to someone else and you guys will find it at another store. 6 weeks is a long time in a season.

I think we need to modify our return policy as there’s no sign at all that customer behavior will regulate itself into something sustainable.
And unfortunately, the market trend seems to be heading toward even more lax, generous return policies. I do a lot of second-hand clothing, and I'm kind of at the mercy of the platforms wanting to appeal to this trend.

On eBay, you need to offer 30-day returns in order to qualify for the top-rated seller discount. On top of that, once a return is started, the buyer gets 3 weeks to ship the item back. Most people don't abuse this, but there are some stragglers who really show how crappy this system can be on the selling end.

I recently had a buyer start a return a day before the 30-day mark. He sent back the items, two wool Pendleton sweaters, relatively quickly, but when I got them, I realized the dumbass had clearly machine washed/dried them. Tons of pilling/shedding and easily a full size smaller. Even with photos comparing the measurements, my "best" option was to issue a 50-percent refund and eat the rest as a loss.

I've also had plenty of instances of people waiting nearly the full three-week window they have to return the item. Having a seasonal item basically out of circulation for nearly two months sometimes means that item isn't getting sold again until the following year.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to share accounts between the US and EU store? I’m considering ordering some items in the EU (and forward through family) as they’re not available in the US store anymore and would like to have a single rewards account.
We actually don’t have a rewards program in the EU store yet.

unfortunately they are separate stores and accounts are separate

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gdl203 is there any way for us to specify carrier preference? I know it used to be Ups but now all my returns are FedEx. UPS Dropbox is like 2min from my house but closest FedEx is like 15+ in a direction I never go. For me personally, that can slow my return down by a few days. No idea if this is an issue for others or a 1 off?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No there is no way. The software gets rates from your zipcode to us and automatically assigns the least costly option (can also be USPS) for free returns.

But anyone can also return on their own with their preferred carrier, or course.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We love seeing stuff like that 😍 (groom is wearing an MTM suit from us)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an example of an MTM shawl collar tuxedo from Sartoria Carrara?
4891d737-09c6-406a-a3df-566c6f133bbd-jpeg.1873612

1672552416783-jpeg.1873520

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! How many fittings are typically required for made to measure tailoring?
usually just 1 appointment and the garment gets made and finished, but some customers prefer to not have hems and sleeves finished right away, so we would do a final fitting when the garment is ready, and can add final alterations and tweaks to be done locally along with hems and sleeves

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
usually just 1 appointment and the garment gets made and finished, but some customers prefer to not have hems and sleeves finished right away, so we would do a final fitting when the garment is ready, and can add final alterations and tweaks to be done locally along with hems and sleeves
DC trunkshow? The wife has cut me off for bespoke.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC trunkshow? The wife has cut me off for bespoke.
Nothing planned for now but if you can whip up a group of interested parties, I can train down with try-ons and fabric books...

45bur

Reaction score
Good to know. I plan on making an appt next time I come to NYC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics