• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Man Walks Alone team, I can't seem to find the Ikiji DB on the website. Is it gone?

2236439-6dc6e41042b3019d255859faee71a329.jpg

Viatu

Reaction score
Sure.
62S : 66cm across chest, 53cm shoulders point-to-point, 75cm length, 90cm sleeves
64S : 68cm across chest, 54cm shoulders point-to-point, 75.5cm length, 90cm sleeves

Thanks, again. Can you provide the measurements for size 64R? The 64S would fit my chest but it would be too short for me. I need an overall length around 80cm.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, again. Can you provide the measurements for size 64R? The 64S would fit my chest but it would be too short for me. I need an overall length around 80cm.
Overall length or length from bottom-of-collar? Our measurements are taken from bottom of collar.

64R would be same chest/shoulders but 79.5cm back length (from B-o-C)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As we await more FW drops, I figure it's time for me to dye! The leaves aren't the only things changing color...

First off, another Inis Meáin linen tunic. This was an MTO Saxifrage from SS19. I wanted a warm purple.

Inis Meáin Tunic_Saxifrage dyed to Plum.jpg

The sandy streaks show through, but with a nice overdye.

Inis Meáin Tunic_Saxifrage dyed to Plum closeup.jpg

Next, a linen GRP henley. I did a little research on color mixing, and found that orange plus plum equals rust. Used the same warm purple dye on this.

GRP Henly_Orange dyed to Rust.jpg

I am happy with both results; the updated colors work better with my complexion and mesh more easily with my existing wardrobe. For my next dyeing adventure, I have an extra GRP henley in natural which I think I'll change to light blue...

Hierophantic

Reaction score
As we await more FW drops, I figure it's time for me to dye! The leaves aren't the only things changing color...

First off, another Inis Meáin linen tunic. This was an MTO Saxifrage from SS19. I wanted a warm purple.

View attachment 2244217

The sandy streaks show through, but with a nice overdye.

View attachment 2244221

Next, a linen GRP henley. I did a little research on color mixing, and found that orange plus plum equals rust. Used the same warm purple dye on this.

View attachment 2244225

I am happy with both results; the updated colors work better with my complexion and mesh more easily with my existing wardrobe. For my next dyeing adventure, I have an extra GRP henley in natural which I think I'll change to light blue...
This is amazing AND do you work by commission/for the joy of it? I've been looking forever for somebody to do smart work with logwood and a handkerchief to color match Tyrian purple.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Preview time!

Group_FW24_Okochi_Meriyasu.jpg

I'll kick off with one I'm very excited about, as it's a new maker to us and very exclusive.

Okochi Meriyasu is a second generation (going into third) high-end knitwear maker based up in Fukishima prefecture, and has been doing their thing since 1973. I mention high-end because that's what they do and all they do - their factory specializes in producing superlative knits for Japan's most elite designers - think Yohji Yamamoto (main collection), CdG, sacai, etc.

Recently, the current president has been looking to open up things a bit and put together a small collection of their own styles that could be made from a number of yarns (you can tell the long-earned expertise here with very deliberate and different choices of mill and yarn for different styles and needs), and that's where we come in. Greg first encountered it at Pitti, and I was able to spend some more time with them here, and it was exactly the kind of maker we love to champion here at No Man so we went for it. You won't find these anywhere else!

In all of these selfies I'm wearing size M, my typical Japanese size, so you can see how the different styles fit.

Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Chunky_ribbed_crewneck_sweater_in_wine_Fre...jpg IMG_1201.JPG

Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Basketweave_mockneck_sweater_in_white_Meri...jpg IMG_1199.JPG Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Basketweave_mockneck_sweater_in_black_Meri...jpg IMG_1194.JPG

This first style is kind of their signature knit, and we did three colors of it in NZ Merino wool with a mockneck that is just the right height. Medium-to-heavy weight, it has a really nice body because of the three dimensionality of the knit, and as you can see it's just as nice in white as it is in black or wine. All sophisticated in different ways IMO, all of them handsome. This is the one they put on a front of the rack that just draws you in.

Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Chunky_ribbed_crewneck_sweater_in_charcoal...jpg IMG_1191.JPG Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Chunky_ribbed_crewneck_sweater_in_wine_Fre...jpg IMG_1185.JPG

For a heavier, chunkier crewneck option we did two colors of this thick ribbed piece in French Merino wool. Since the start, part of the No Man experience has been getting a box in the mail after buying something based on photographs and words and then going "oh! this is nicer than I expected" and these promise to carry that torch as well. Yes, they look like nice-enough chunky ribbed crewnecks and you might think you already have one, but these will make you rethink how much you like your current favorite one 😤

Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Chunky_ribbed_cardigan_in_mid-grey_French_...jpg Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Chunky_ribbed_cardigan_in_jade_green_Frenc...jpg IMG_1180.JPG

Using the same French Merino wool are a pair of cardigans, slouchy and a bit on the long side for extra coziness. I really love the interplay of the zig-zag stitching with the ribs here, and the extra trim on the pockets gives some nice body to the whole thing. As expected, the attention to detail is creat and the buttons are spot-on too, going for an oversized concave leather-wrapped option to assure you this isn't your standard old-man cardigan.

Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Honeycomb_cable_knit_rollneck_sweater_in_f...jpg IMG_1172.JPG Okochi_Meriyasu_Made_in_Japan_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Honeycomb_cable_knit_rollneck_sweater_in_n...jpg IMG_1176.JPG

Lastly are two rollneck options in wool and cashmere in this incredible honeycomb knit. These are the thinnest/lightest of the sweaters stocked but because of the dimensionality of the knit it takes on a lot of life. I think extra credit needs to be given to the collar on these as well - it's sooo perfectly high without veering into overwhelming and just frames the face really nicely.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
An Irrational Element FW24 (1).png

Coming in with a different type of quiet sophistication is An Irrational Element, and Kai never ceases to impress with fabric selections.

An Irrational Element FW24 (3).jpg

An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_A_Coat_raglan_coat_in_forest_green_wool_and_alpaca...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_A_Coat_raglan_coat_in_forest_green_wool_and_alpaca...jpg

Starting with this big ol' loden raglan coat, but done in a wool and alpaca for a lovely texture.

An Irrational Element FW24 (4).jpg An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Vintage_popover_zip_shirt_in_washed_green_cotton_c...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Karl_side_tab_trousers_in_Green_cotton_corduroy (1).jpg

We love the popover shirt and ran it in three fabrics, including this microcorduroy complete with Karl side-tab trouser set-up, seen above.
An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Vintage_popover_zip_shirt_in_off-white_recycled_wo...jpg

We also ran it in recycled wool teddy fabric which you may have seen before and definitely can't be missed.

An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Vintage_popover_zip_shirt_in_rinsed_cotton_and_sil...jpg

The third fabric is a rinsed cotton and silk, also done as a set-up but this time with the "artist" relaxed leg trousers:

An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Artist_relaxed_leg_trousers_in_rinsed_cotton_and_s...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Artist_relaxed_leg_trousers_in_rinsed_cotton_and_s...jpg An Irrational Element FW24 (1).jpg

Trousers seen here for context^

An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Relaxed_knit_tee_in_dark_navy_cotton_and_cashmere ...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Relaxed_knit_tee_in_light_brown_cotton_and_cashmer...jpg An Irrational Element FW24 (5).jpg

Lastly, a few relaxed knit tees in cotton and cashmere for some very special layering.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Frank Leder FW24 (12).jpg

Frank Leder very much exists in his own universe (his lookbooks are a testament to that) but you know we love him for that. As has been the case in recent seasons, the story is very much about sourcing incredible vintage deadstock fabrics from around Europe and bringing those into what he does.

Be sure to read Greg's great copy on each item page for the full story behind each piece and fabric! I can't stress this enough, if you like to geek out about this sort of thing it's a real treat.

Frank Leder FW24 (2).jpg Frank Leder FW24 (14).jpg Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Double_breasted_coat_in_dark_navy_heavy_twil...jpg

Gotta love a calf-sweeping double breasted great coat. This one is cut in a heavy vintage twill and just hangs beautifully. Dramatic but not in the ostentatious way.

Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Woven_cardigan_in_slubby_brown_and_beige_fle...jpg Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Woven_cardigan_in_slubby_brown_and_beige_fle...jpg Frank Leder FW24 (9).jpg

Cardigans in woven fabrics are a staple of his collections as well, even if we rarely see them elsewhere, and this vintage slubby donegal-y basketweave was sourced by a friend of his on a trip looking for some buttons. All of that checks out as very Frank, yes.

Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Shirt_in_brown_and_beige_deadstock_vintage_c...jpg Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Shirt_in_brown_and_beige_deadstock_vintage_c...jpg

Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Overshirt_in_green_and_black_deadstock_vinta...jpg Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Overshirt_in_green_and_black_deadstock_vinta...jpg Frank Leder FW24 (5).jpg

Wool shirts! Vintage fabrics! Yes and yes, this is what started our love for Leder and it will carry on.

Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Handknit_vest_in_white_red_and_black_Austria...jpg Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Handknit_vest_in_white_red_and_black_Austria...jpg Frank Leder FW24 (11).jpg

The "nice old ladies in Berlin" have been busy as well of course, hand-knitting. The mix of red, black and white might seem a bit extreme here but once it's all together it's perfect owing to the loose knit of it all.

Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Pleated_drawstring_trousers_in_charcoal_and_...jpg Frank_Leder_Made_in_Germany_Fall_Winter_2024_FW24_Pleated_drawstring_trousers_in_charcoal_and_...jpg

Drawstring pants in a really special wool dating to the 1930s, it has this great woven texture on the outer with a reverse side that is smooth and almost felted, keeping them warm and comfortable.

45bur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preview time!

View attachment 2244285

I'll kick off with one I'm very excited about, as it's a new maker to us and very exclusive.

Okochi Meriyasu is a second generation (going into third) high-end knitwear maker based up in Fukishima prefecture, and has been doing their thing since 1973. I mention high-end because that's what they do and all they do - their factory specializes in producing superlative knits for Japan's most elite designers - think Yohji Yamamoto (main collection), CdG, sacai, etc.

Recently, the current president has been looking to open up things a bit and put together a small collection of their own styles that could be made from a number of yarns (you can tell the long-earned expertise here with very deliberate and different choices of mill and yarn for different styles and needs), and that's where we come in. Greg first encountered it at Pitti, and I was able to spend some more time with them here, and it was exactly the kind of maker we love to champion here at No Man so we went for it. You won't find these anywhere else!

In all of these selfies I'm wearing size M, my typical Japanese size, so you can see how the different styles fit.

View attachment 2244299 View attachment 2244321

View attachment 2244289 View attachment 2244317 View attachment 2244287 View attachment 2244315

This first style is kind of their signature knit, and we did three colors of it in NZ Merino wool with a mockneck that is just the right height. Medium-to-heavy weight, it has a really nice body because of the three dimensionality of the knit, and as you can see it's just as nice in white as it is in black or wine. All sophisticated in different ways IMO, all of them handsome. This is the one they put on a front of the rack that just draws you in.

View attachment 2244295 View attachment 2244313 View attachment 2244297 View attachment 2244311

For a heavier, chunkier crewneck option we did two colors of this thick ribbed piece in French Merino wool. Since the start, part of the No Man experience has been getting a box in the mail after buying something based on photographs and words and then going "oh! this is nicer than I expected" and these promise to carry that torch as well. Yes, they look like nice-enough chunky ribbed crewnecks and you might think you already have one, but these will make you rethink how much you like your current favorite one 😤

View attachment 2244293 View attachment 2244291 View attachment 2244309

Using the same French Merino wool are a pair of cardigans, slouchy and a bit on the long side for extra coziness. I really love the interplay of the zig-zag stitching with the ribs here, and the extra trim on the pockets gives some nice body to the whole thing. As expected, the attention to detail is creat and the buttons are spot-on too, going for an oversized concave leather-wrapped option to assure you this isn't your standard old-man cardigan.

View attachment 2244301 View attachment 2244305 View attachment 2244303 View attachment 2244307

Lastly are two rollneck options in wool and cashmere in this incredible honeycomb knit. These are the thinnest/lightest of the sweaters stocked but because of the dimensionality of the knit it takes on a lot of life. I think extra credit needs to be given to the collar on these as well - it's sooo perfectly high without veering into overwhelming and just frames the face really nicely.
Those cardigans look soso good. @gdl203 I'm wondering what colours the WL cashmere cardigans will come in this year?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those cardigans look soso good. @gdl203 I'm wondering what colours the WL cashmere cardigans will come in this year?
I’m actually not sure that we ended up ordering cashmere cardigans. I know we got a camelhair one for sure.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zish