• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Ripley, brand new on Netflix. I'm a huge Highsmith fan and this series is just amazing. Can't say enough good things about it. Stayed up way too late watching way too many episodes last night.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We watched the first episode of Fallout last night. It seems to capture the retro-future feel of the games and the characters seem pretty cool. My wife is headed out of town for the weekend so we'll binge-watch it when she gets home.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot get past the perception that animation is Tom & Jerry the Next Generation

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm probably going to start on Fallout this weekend, but I've gotta say, it's not the TV show based on a video game starring Ella Purnell coming out this year that I'm most excited about seeing.

Doesn't seem like that sentence could describe more than one show, but...

We watched the first episode of Fallout last night. It seems to capture the retro-future feel of the games and the characters seem pretty cool. My wife is headed out of town for the weekend so we'll binge-watch it when she gets home.

Ella Purnell was in something my daughter liked so we'll give it shot this weekend. Looking forward to it. I played FO4 which was a fantastic game.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised at how gory Fallout was, but then realized that it was basically the game-level of gore/violence. I guess it's just a lot more shocking when it's not computer graphics.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never played Fallout, so it's a clean slate for me. The previews made it seem like something I'd go for, and the reviews were good. That's enough for me to watch a couple of episodes, then make my own call.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never played Fallout, so it's a clean slate for me. The previews made it seem like something I'd go for, and the reviews were good. That's enough for me to watch a couple of episodes, then make my own call.
It's fine-ish. A bit too many things "just happen." Like, people ending up in the same spot at the same time with very little reason or logic. And the whiny retro cowboy music is getting on my nerves.
But we've been watching it for the trash TV after work entertainment value.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like my uncle told me before reporting to prison, trash loves trash.
1000001526.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVED Fallout! My daughter and I burned through it over the weekend. Could be the nostalgia for the game but I could easily forgive its flaws. Lots of funny easter eggs from the game as well.

My daughter fired up my old Xbox to start playing Fallout 4. Xbox hasn't been used in probably 5 years and needed a ton of updates but I'm loving that she's enjoying it. I'm up in my office and can hear her yelling, "Dad!!! Come kill the Deathclaw, I'm stuck!" She prefers the story and exploration to combat so I left it on the easiest difficulty for her.

She's so funny about not wanting to steal from NPC's, "I don't want to hurt their feelings."

I told her to take their damn potatoes! It's the wasteland.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
One episode left in Shogun…
In episode 9, Mariko, definitely the main character (and that’s what makes the difference with the previous version) thanks to her back story, has been killed by an explosion in a shinobi (ninja) attack. I wondered if there be would be a ninja attack, that was one of the best scene of the first adaptation in 1980. 🥷🏻

Excellent tv series !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads