• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday SF!

Has anyone used the new eBay international service? from what I understand, sellers just need to ship to the eBay hub and eBay considers the sale complete from there. Seems relatively low risk but curious if others have used this service. Thanks!

Many times. Works as you describe and for me, the net shipping cost is lower than it would have otherwise been.

I don’t think it’s too new. I’ve used it for a couple of years at least.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally coming back to Alden boots after several years. I had a pair of 403s that I loved and wore a lot. Then I sent them back to be refurbished by Alden, who completely ruined the boots!
Anyway, all water under bridge at this point, and I decided to open up the wallet for the new “Roy” boots from Alden Madison. The Roy boot was originally done by context clothing, of course, but they’re out of business and I guess Madison produces them on occasion now. I had tried a pair of context’s Roy boots back in the day, but it was a 10D and a little too long for me. Since Madison offered E widths, I decided to try 9 1/2 E and I think these will work.
Looking forward to breaking them in and putting some wear on them. I know the crêpe sole, and probably even more so the leather toe tap, will not be hard wearing, but I hope they last a decent amount of time. Esp given my last attempt at resoling Aldens!
Wear them in good health.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took an "office" shot of my cigar LWBs but took another when I saw the sun catching these just right:
tf7QGkb.jpg

I always take off my shoes downstairs before heading up to put them in trees.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took an "office" shot of my cigar LWBs but took another when I saw the sun catching these just right:
tf7QGkb.jpg

I always take off my shoes downstairs before heading up to put them in trees.

These have the darker “mahogany” edges correct?

I thought I was the only one with that iteration??? Great looking shoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads