• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the talk about rare shell is interesting but for me, whenever I have the occasion to hang out with friends, I always seem to reach for 8. NYE dinner at Eddie Merlot’s with wife and friends and an old favorite…..

0E6BACB6-53B9-49E2-B67B-C6645B0A84B9.jpeg

Happy New Year Gents!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy new year forum pals. As for many, it is a rainy day. Old jeans and CXL seem right for the weather.

IMG_1217.JPG

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Wow dude, way to start this thread off with pure fire! Amazing boots.

Cheers to 2022 with Color 2

View attachment 1728795

I see that you are matching DV’s submission and raising him a #2! Looks great J and look forward to seeing them this year!

Welcome to 2022 forum pals. I had to do something to get on page 1.

View attachment 1728854

Doc, those saddles are just perfection. Enjoy them my friend!

I will be strong and wait until 2022 to wear these new suede and Chromexcel saddles on commando from Alden of Madison. THIS pair of shoes is, to me, what Alden is all about. Impeccable craftsmanship, ultra-traditional styling... and everyone who sees them will smile. They will bring a little bit of fun and elegance wherever they go.

View attachment 1728860

Some great thoughts and hard to disagree! Those saddles are just perfect. Enjoy them my friend all year long and beyond!

End of 2021 with Dr Jones u-tips:
View attachment 1728895

Happy New Year, everyone!

Oskrusa, those Dr. Jones boots are looking just superb. A great color and an always amazing pattern on the Plaza!!

Goodbye 2021!

Those Wholecuts are just rocking CSL! Looking superb and a great sendoff!

Picked up one final pair for 2021 today. It’s a rare treat to actually buy shoes in person as there aren’t many Alden deals close to me. The color of this Ravello run is spectacular.
View attachment 1728973

J, those are just another level. Such a fantastic model and the execution is next level awesomeness! Enjoy those in good health!

FT, those Whiskey Wingtips are looking absolutely stunning. The Color on those are just next level! Enjoy them my friend!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
My modest Alden plan for 2021 was completed with the acquisition of the All-Weather Walkers and the 1493 suede chukka which brought in the New Year. (2021 was definitely the Year of Suede for me as the 1493’s were 1 of 5 pair of suede boots/shoes acquired over these last 12 months).

The plan for 2022 is to start out with the Indy 405 and let’s see where it goes from there as Alden continues to have me under its magic spell over these last 20 years or so.

To get the ball rolling, on 12/30, I emailed Alden SF asking them to send me a couple of different sizes of 405s to try on.

The magic of Alden..
View attachment 1729107

and the magic of cast iron
View attachment 1729108
(thankfully these shell steaks didn’t come out tasting like shell leather. :wink: )

Not that I would’ve been able to tell the difference by the time dinner was ready. :rolleyes: :-D

View attachment 1729109

Happy New Year’s Day to you all. ?

JG, glad that your alden plans worked out in 2021 and I hope that you have a great 2022! That is some superb looking flavors right there! I hope that you enjoyed them! Those Chukkas are looking just superb on you!

Happy New Year Alden Army! First car wash in 2022 with my u-tip chukka in Arabica Lux leather.

View attachment 1729135 View attachment 1729136

For a second, I thought those were icicles on your car! But glad to see it’s a healthy wash making it happier. Those Chukkas are looking superb and hope that you have a great day in them!

All the talk about rare shell is interesting but for me, whenever I have the occasion to hang out with friends, I always seem to reach for 8. NYE dinner at Eddie Merlot’s with wife and friends and an old favorite…..

View attachment 1729165
Happy New Year Gents!

Those #8 Splits are looking superb and definitely a fantastic choice! I hope that you had a great evening out last night!

Happy new year forum pals. As for many, it is a rainy day. Old jeans and CXL seem right for the weather.

View attachment 1729178

Those CXL Gunboats are always looking truly superb on you! Great looking shoes and a great way to start off the new year Doc!

Nothing rare, nothing spectacular, just waiting for more rain and then snow to arrive on New Years day! View attachment 1729383

Dog, those boots are looking truly superb and have a great color on them! I hope that you wear them in good health and warmth in 2022!

-Mike

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dog, those boots are looking truly superb and have a great color on them! I hope that you wear them in good health and warmth in 2022!
Thanks Mike!!! these are TSM seconds due to the tiger stripe on toe of left boot, I think they are modified last, but fit just great, so don't care about last, one of my more comfy boots.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Slide1.jpeg

January: Your Alden Plans for the New Year
Gentlemen, believe it or not, but 2022 is upon us! So, I am restarting the monthly topic discussion idea and will put a valiant effort into doing a better job of keeping the momentum with this than I ended up doing last year!

To that extent, the first topic is intended to discuss your thoughts or ambitions with your shoe collection in 2022. Are you planning to buy more pairs or let go of some? Looking for particular models or open to what the Alden-verse generates. Let's share and maybe make some connections that you may not have made otherwise...

There is no rush on this, you have all month! So take the time that you need to put together your strategy! Please "Reply" to this Posting, for easier differentiation of responses to the monthly topic.

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Mike

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
View attachment 1729685

Gentlemen, believe it or not, but 2022 is upon us! So, I am restarting the monthly topic discussion idea and will put a valiant effort into doing a better job of keeping the momentum with this than I ended up doing last year!

To that extent, the first topic is intended to discuss your thoughts or ambitions with your shoe collection in 2022. Are you planning to buy more pairs or let go of some? Looking for particular models or open to what the Alden-verse generates. Let's share and maybe make some connections that you may not have made otherwise...

There is no rush on this, you have all month! So take the time that you need to put together your strategy! Please "Reply" to this Posting, for easier differentiation of responses to the monthly topic.

Mike
I plan to buy a chamois boot of some kind. So far I'm thinking earth color chamois PTB but not opposed to a CTB. Assuming I can even find one that is.

I also plan to buy a natural CXL boot but I may just buy the Rancourt Byron boot instead as it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

serbarristan

Reaction score
View attachment 1729685

Mike
2021 was a big Alden year for me, the current plan for 2022 is much lighter. Though we all know how that goes! I have three open preorders, including the Ealdwine Sedona smooth chamois Indy, and my primary target other than those is a versatile snuff boot.

Couple weeks left on my Madison Workshop model below, and if that doesn't fund I will likely put a deposit down on the B&M snuff Plaza Indy. Happy New Year!
Field Boot.png

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1729685

Mike

Initially upon reading this I thought of setting a goal of getting down to 5 and 5 but that’s simply an unreasonable goal with no real thought behind it other than I end up with a round number. However I do think that at my stage in my career setting a goal of 15 pairs of high-end footwear seems both reasonable and appropriate. Over the next few weeks I’m going to take serious thought and plan on how to get there. One of the more interesting things will be to see how the final distribution between shoes and boots turns out to get to the 15. Not shooting for an even split. Initially I’ll just grab a combination of my favorites combined with what I wear the most and see how it lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads