• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t recall precise Assisi prices but they’re definitely not $4k USD within Asia.

It’s not a budget bespoke if you have to pay 1k for a flight to Asia, and then hotel there. Plus 36 hours round trip.

Saw them at one of their trunk shows in Asia and was quoted ~3.8k usd for a two piece drapers two ply

Oof. That’s pricey. They appear to do good work for though. Definitely not “budget friendly.”

pretty in line with corcos, or salabianca (hojun Choi).

symphvaria

Reaction score
It’s not a budget bespoke if you have to pay 1k for a flight to Asia, and then hotel there. Plus 36 hours round trip.
The idea was more for people who already live in Asia, but yeah, I can't think of any "affordable" tailoring options in the US anymore, at least if you want some say in the fabric or cut.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea was more for people who already live in Asia, but yeah, I can't think of any "affordable" tailoring options in the US anymore, at least if you want some say in the fabric or cut.
There’s options but I won’t threadjack the armoury guys. Like anything with MTM though you’re buying the fitter and buying their advice on fabric. Is it more expensive? Sure. But haven’t had to think twice about referring friends there and knowing they’d be in good hands and will likely have a pretty safe experience.

It may not be a great value for money for enthusiasts willing to go through more hoops but there is definitely a value in having confidence in the order and ending up with tasteful suggestions.

jeremygo

Reaction score
There’s options but I won’t threadjack the armoury guys. Like anything with MTM though you’re buying the fitter and buying their advice on fabric. Is it more expensive? Sure. But haven’t had to think twice about referring friends there and knowing they’d be in good hands and will likely have a pretty safe experience.

It may not be a great value for money for enthusiasts willing to go through more hoops but there is definitely a value in having confidence in the order and ending up with tasteful suggestions.
I totally agree with this and would say that every time I go into the store the retail experience is exceptional. The guys make shopping with them extremely pleasant and fun, which, at least for me, counts for a lot.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with this and would say that every time I go into the store the retail experience is exceptional. The guys make shopping with them extremely pleasant and fun, which, at least for me, counts for a lot.
Yep. One of my best normie friends who I’d never convince to wait 12-18 months for bespoke and who had no interest in it anyways needed a wardrobe update. It was super easy to send him to the Armoury without me, trust the guys and just have him grab Fukuda MTO, Armoury MTM and some shirts compared to “ok you’re going to message this guy on instagram and then you’ll meet him in a hotel room if you’re in town and you’re going to need to set him up for an international wire”

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. One of my best normie friends who I’d never convince to wait 12-18 months for bespoke and who had no interest in it anyways needed a wardrobe update. It was super easy to send him to the Armoury without me, trust the guys and just have him grab Fukuda MTO, Armoury MTM and some shirts compared to “ok you’re going to message this guy on instagram and then you’ll meet him in a hotel room if you’re in town and you’re going to need to set him up for an international wire”
Doesn't sound shady at all...

symphvaria

Reaction score

I mean, I'm not trying to poo poo all over the Armoury or anything, I love their cuts and I love their store, retail staff and aesthetic. There is definitely something to be said regarding the Model 3 being a real value proposition 5-ish years ago compared to now, but that doesn't make it any less great of an option for something that's really hard to go wrong with. At least for me, I fit very well in their RTW, so I don't think the MTO/MTM price hikes affect me to a massive degree; and even if the S/S2024 collection turns out to have further MSRP increases over the already expensive F/W2023 collection, it's no biggie since their previous collections are still pretty decently stocked and still look fantastic.

Remy Fool

Reaction score
Price hikes are gonna happen. I think The Armoury is fairly reasonable about the increases for shoes, at least. Tailoring has a more noticeable effect because of higher base price.

The Duane II is from April 2021
Screenshot_20240301-160038.png

The Hudson is from May 2022
Screenshot_20240301-160121.png

These are current prices in USD
Screenshot_20240301-160208.png

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is very true.

I’ve definitely sent people to the armoury. But I always wonder with mtm for guys with unusual body shapes - I’m always more hesitant to send them because it doesn’t matter how great the fitter is if they’re too far off from the base pattern.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Swung by the Tribeca store today to order a new 100 Hands shirt. A bunch of the spring/summer tailoring has started to come in and it all (of course) looked great. Lots of good earthy summer colors for the sport coats. The item that really caught my eye was a Model 3B suit in a dark tobacco wool/linen. I don't need a new summer suit... but maybe I do?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swung by the Tribeca store today to order a new 100 Hands shirt. A bunch of the spring/summer tailoring has started to come in and it all (of course) looked great. Lots of good earthy summer colors for the sport coats. The item that really caught my eye was a Model 3B suit in a dark tobacco wool/linen. I don't need a new summer suit... but maybe I do?
Typically how long until they post it on their website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads