• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question that takes an interesting aside: I need help with..

nomovement

Reaction score
oh, gross, oh well-I couldn't find them online, had to look. thanks.

greatfire

Reaction score
That Rag & Bone jean suggestion caused a chain reaction that led me to some good finds, that I will investigate further. All I need to find now are some good t-shirts.

greatfire

Reaction score
oh, wow.. any more suggestions for t-shirts?

Something that fits similar to this, but with longer sleeves (to my elbow, or so):

1119355514_1.jpg

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy larger tees and alter them.

Why? Because hardly anyone makes slim tees with sleeves to the elbow. As a matter of fact, slim tees with elbow-length sleeves look too much like sporting apparel.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greatfire
oh, wow.. any more suggestions for t-shirts?

Something that fits similar to this, but with longer sleeves (to my elbow, or so):

1119355514_1.jpg

just curious but why would you want a t-shirt to go all the way to your elbow?
that is not a good look esp. on someone as tall as you.

greatfire

Reaction score
well, when I say down to my elbow, I mean longer than the length of the sleeve in the picture I just gave as an example. I looked around on google images at sleeve lengths, and this is about what I had in mind:

afbeelding%20093a.jpg

If that is what you said isn't a good look for me, then ..
lookaround.gif
.. please advise
alien.gif

Something as short as the picture in the first example is pretty much out of the question, though.. is there a middle ground, or something like that?

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greatfire
Something as short as the picture in the first example is pretty much out of the question, though.. is there a middle ground, or something like that?
that is how t-shirts are supposed to fit; there's no question about that. The dude in the picture you posted is wearing a t-shirt way too big for him. I have no idea why you consider mid-bicep sleeves "out of the question."

greatfire

Reaction score
Culture has a bit to do with it.. I'd look weird wearing something with sleeves that short (I've experimented). I also rule out the bootcut jeans for the same reason, they just don't look right on me.

Here is another example.. since I've now been exposed as stylistically marsupialed:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen

That also looks perfect for me. Is that good? Where can I find some shirts with that fit and sleeve?

I'm browsing around that site, and I think I might get this one: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=20647

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen

Plasdom

Reaction score
As has been mentioned, what you are looking for is not the right fit. I am 5' 10" and 145lbs so I may look a bit like you in stature. When I was younger I used to wear clothes that were at least one size too large because I was uncomfortable with my how skinny I was. I now wear clothes that fit right (e.g. that t shirt in the first picture). It took a while for me to get used to it and now I will never buy clothes that do not fit properly. Slim fit is where it's at.

Funny thing is that my dress shirts from a few short years ago when I was the same height but about 10lbs lighter are bigger than my dress shirt size today

minya

Reaction score
No, actually, you wouldn't look weird. You'd just look like you were wearing a properly fitted t-shirt.

greatfire

Reaction score
Hi,

Are those two shirts I linked to in my last post fitted properly?

I fit properly into a large in the dressing room, but then they have this tendency to shrink out of size when I wash them the first time. By that I mean the sleeves get extra short, and the overall length of the t-shirt decreases, and the "taper" at the bottom of the shirt goes away, so it doesn't form-fit around the waist/butt region. How can I prevent this?

edit: the washing of large size shirts results in a noticeable flare. (just saw that word use in another thread).

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads