• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other Matuozzo

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I like the coats, they look really nice. There are certain items (even for men) that are better made by a dressmaker than by a tailor. I'm almost certain, there will be some (probably fused) interfacing, at least on the underside of the lapels as well as taping along the seams..........What about an inside shot?

But those "Polo shirts"............they look hideous with the two-piece collars, interfaced with the heaviest cardboard available. Surely, Signora Matuozzi could have come up with a more appropriate shape for a casual collar.

Anna giveth and Anna taketh away.........interfacing that is!

Originally Posted by T4phage
I don't feel any fusing inside the lapels. The first coat is lined,the others are not.

As for the polo collars, the interlining is soft and unfused, and since they are new, the collar appears to look stiff but in fact it is soft.

Mine does have light fusing on the lapels, but it is VERY light. I have seen the same from other makers in Naples for light jackets.

As far as the polos go, they are the one thing Anna makes that I do not like, but that is because I find them difficult to get on and off. The collars are really nice and quite soft. I have never felt anything stiff that has come out of her shop, I would think it almost impossible.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Mine does have light fusing on the lapels, but it is VERY light. I have seen the same from other makers in Naples for light jackets.

As far as the polos go, they are the one thing Anna makes that I do not like, but that is because I find them difficult to get on and off. The collars are really nice and quite soft. I have never felt anything stiff that has come out of her shop, I would think it almost impossible.

If I remember, yours was linen right? I can't wait until mine is finished. And I agree regarding anything stiff from her laboratoria.. I don't think she knows the meaning of a stiff shirt/collar.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really beautiful stuff; I didn't see jackets like this at her atelier when I visited last spring. Are they new?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Really beautiful stuff; I didn't see jackets like this at her atelier when I visited last spring. Are they new?

Not really new, but they are not displayed in the showroom, and they don't have many/any samples, which would usually be inside the laboratorio itself.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As for the polo collars, the interlining is soft and unfused,

Originally Posted by iammatt
The collars are really nice and quite soft. I have never felt anything stiff that has come out of her shop,

I don't think she knows the meaning of a stiff shirt/collar.
O.K. maybe the collar isn't stiff (it looks very stiff in the pictures, probably aided by the unfortunate top-stitching).

There certainly should have been a different collar. The one used is a traditional collar with full collar band and a button right on top. That collar needs a tie and looks never "˜right' and always 'out of place' when worn open and without a tie.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the food appears to be panzerotti if i am not mistaken.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
the food appears to be panzerotti if i am not mistaken.

The panzerotti that I've had tend to be smaller and the dough seems to have a different consistency. This is the size of a pizza that has been folded in two.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
none have any internal support - all the shape comes from the way the coat is cut and stitched together.

Very artfully done!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads