• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In 2018 when Tricker's was having their cordovan rainbow Brett-fest, I bought the orange ones. Not too long after they offered "cotto" and I got those too. They're different colors when held side by side but I couldn't tell you which was which.

I do recall some shell being offered as "marmalade" but unclear if they were the same or different color to the orange.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I haven't double checked my stats, but it seems that's the 42nd pair of Trickers you've posted. As usual first class. Not sure what size you are, but if they're 9 or 9.5, and you wish to sell some, I can offer 50 euros/pair !
Yes I’m afraid that’s beginners territory mate! 😂

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I may be completely imagining this but didn’t Tricker’s give that colour some ridiculous name like Marmalade?
Either way they look pretty cool.

There was a shell golash brogue also in this orange cotto. I was not into Trickers at the time (2018) and neither was on SF to know about them. Would have loved to be able to buy something in this orange/cotto shell. However, i have heard that Trickers experienced a fair bit of dissatisfaction with the quality of this particular shell which featured in a range of bright colours on different shoes and boots. But nevetheless, I am on the lookout if anything ever comes up for sale in this orange cotto in a size UK 7.5

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today's Cotto/orange mystery solved.

Cotto pair when new. Dark brown laces.
2018-07-10_09-51-10_205-jpeg.1002621

shoefan57

Reaction score
There was a shell golash brogue also in this orange cotto. I was not into Trickers at the time (2018) and neither was on SF to know about them. Would have loved to be able to buy something in this orange/cotto shell. However, i have heard that Trickers experienced a fair bit of dissatisfaction with the quality of this particular shell which featured in a range of bright colours on different shoes and boots. But nevetheless, I am on the lookout if anything ever comes up for sale in this orange cotto in a size UK 7.5
I bought a Brett in Cotto from the 2018 run. The shaft took ages to stop being uncomfortable but I’ve been happy with the quality of the Shell Cordovan (thought to be supplied by Compiel)

jellyroller

Reaction score
Tricker’s chocolate repello suede Guildford chukka. Just got them. They’re nice looking but are going to take some breaking in. The top of the shaft is digging into the back of my ankle. I threw some moleskin over the spot on the boot where it’s rubbing and spent some time hand stretching them. Time will tell!

IMG_3160.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpeg
    IMG_3161.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 120

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking of experimenting with my Stows in Acorn and darkening them with some Saphir Medallion polish in dark or medium brown. Talk me out of it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads