• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

thelonius

Reaction score
I like my cafe bourtons but for some reason the natural welt and heel stack annoys me slightly. I'm giving serious consideration to applying dark brown shoe cream to tone down the contrast a little. I've made these kind of rash decisions before and regretted it so I'd appreciate some opinions beforehand.

I guess my other option is to wait until a resole is required and have a dark brown welt added...
But what do you use on the uppers? It is pretty difficult to polish or oil the uppers without touching the welt isn't it? If you use a neutral cream and include the welt and heel stack in the application I think these will darken anyway. If not neutral, then a light tan cream would work, and would be OK for the café leather too.
Waiting for a resole to be required may be a long wait.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But what do you use on the uppers? It is pretty difficult to polish or oil the uppers without touching the welt isn't it? If you use a neutral cream and include the welt and heel stack in the application I think these will darken anyway. If not neutral, then a light tan cream would work, and would be OK for the café leather too.
Waiting for a resole to be required may be a long wait.
That’s going to be an even longer wait if he doesn’t wear them because he doesn’t like them!

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I like my cafe bourtons but for some reason the natural welt and heel stack annoys me slightly. I'm giving serious consideration to applying dark brown shoe cream to tone down the contrast a little. I've made these kind of rash decisions before and regretted it so I'd appreciate some opinions beforehand.

I guess my other option is to wait until a resole is required and have a dark brown welt added...
I've recently darkened welts and sole edges and never regretted it. IMO, the contrast welt is indicative of 2010s trendy menswear and feels kindof tired and annoying in our current year. I loved the look in 2015 when it felt fresh.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricker's Aldo, to cuff or not to cuff.

IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg
IMG_2742.jpeg

Fenners81

Reaction score
That’s going to be an even longer wait if he doesn’t wear them because he doesn’t like them!
Gave it a go with dark brown wax and this is the result. It's a subtle change and clearly still a contrast welt, but I definitely prefer it to how it was. I might go darker again next time I polish them.

1710993654464.png

Alpackino

Reaction score
Does anyone know or have any theories on why Tricker's shoe trees are more expensive than their boot trees? It seems the wrong way around to me since the boot trees would require more material. Or maybe they're both carved from the same size wood block and the shoe trees require more machine time to shed the excess?

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know or have any theories on why Tricker's shoe trees are more expensive than their boot trees? It seems the wrong way around to me since the boot trees would require more material. Or maybe they're both carved from the same size wood block and the shoe trees require more machine time to shed the excess?
On Trickers £75 for shoe trees and £90 for boot trees?
Where are you looking at them? Probably old/new stock pricing.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Looking at the images, I would argue that the amount of material used is comparable. I would therefore expect the price to be the same. The biggest difference seems to be the air hole in the shoe trees which obviously requires slightly more labour - not €20 worth though.

Personally, I think anyone who spends this much on branded shoe trees has more money than sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads